Thread: swaro 10x42 el range

swaro 10x42 el range

Looking for real life experience with these binoculars, thinking about getting a pair in the new year. Any experience helps!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: swaro 10x42 el range

The Leica Geovid HD B beat them in every way. Better range finder and imo better glass. Ive had both and sold the EL Ranges within a week, they don't use or didn't use Swarovision glass, have no ballistic compensation and the rangefinder is slow. I prefer leica glass to the others for true to color definition and crispness of the image, Swarovision ELs (not EL Range) are defiantly brighter but tend to highlight greens and yellows which can deceive you to thinking your getting a better picture.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I also have the Leica HD-B 10x42, I looked both over several times, I have used Leica binos for 30 years so was an easy choice, I didn’t like the bumps on the Swarovski tubes where your thumbs sit when glassing , felt awkward, but did feel a little more compact than the Leicas,
    as far as the glass that’s s personal preference as I’m not sure ones better than the other as they both are spectacular.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 12-10-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I can't give you a comparison with other high end binocular/range finder combos, but I will say this. I think having a dedicated bino and rangefinder is a better option. We all know electronics, and their susceptibility to malfunction. Having two in one when they do means, you could be left high and dry if it hits the fan during hunting season, and they have to be sent in for repair. In addition, just having a look at the warranty that swarovski provides on electronics, and it's two years, whereas a rangefinder from Vortex... hack hack cough cough... provides a lifetime warranty on their product. Just some things to think about. Best of luck. Oh... I've had the 10x42 el's for 20 years. Best thing I ever did was spend once, and cry once. Yeah I've needed some warranty work, but I've gotten a lot of use out of them.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I can't give you a comparison with other high end binocular/range finder combos, but I will say this. I think having a dedicated bino and rangefinder is a better option. We all know electronics, and their susceptibility to malfunction. Having two in one when they do means, you could be left high and dry if it hits the fan during hunting season, and they have to be sent in for repair. In addition, just having a look at the warranty that swarovski provides on electronics, and it's two years, whereas a rangefinder from Vortex... hack hack cough cough... provides a lifetime warranty on their product. Just some things to think about. Best of luck. Oh... I've had the 10x42 el's for 20 years. Best thing I ever did was spend once, and cry once. Yeah I've needed some warranty work, but I've gotten a lot of use out of them.

Well if your rangefinder goes weather its integrated in the binos or not your still without a rangefinder and having it in the binos is so nice and handy and you don’t have another item to deal with while hunting, to me it’s a better option or simpler if you will.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

This is true, and something to think about as well. Ultimately, the only person who knows what's best, is oneself. Too many options these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Well if your rangefinder goes weather its integrated in the binos or not your still without a rangefinder and having it in the binos is so nice and handy and you don’t have another item to deal with while hunting, to me it’s a better option or simpler if you will.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Love my EL Ranges and wouldn't trade them for anything. I've tried several brands and several combinations. I'd rank my EL ranges as one of the best pieces of gear I own for hunting. Ridiculously expensive no doubt lol

i had the 10x40 swar. great but just did not feel right to me now i have 8x30 as i walk and 15x56 for searching ranger finder Leica .

I've had the el range for a few years now and wouldn't go back to separate binos and rangefinder. If the rangefinder ever has issues I will send them back for repair. From what I heard Swaro has great service on warranty and paid repairs.

I have the 10x42 EL's and really like them. I had the zeiss Victory rf and I think the rangefinder in the Zeiss picked up at a further distance. I ranged individual animals with the Zeiss at over 1700 yards and with the EL's about 1400 is max. I cannot get them to pick up anything over 1400 but I cannot shoot that far anyway. I prefer the EL's for the size and weight and the LED inside is easier to see in the EL's. With those Zeiss it seemed I had to pull my head away from the eye pieces to see the numbers. I'm glad I made the switch and wont be changing, they work great.