Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E collars

Re: E collars

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Tritronics HAD been great......they are no longer great.T
    I completely agree. Thats why I switched to the TEK 2 GPS/TRAINING COLLAR.My Tritronics are 10 years old and going strong.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

When I had hounds, I used dogtra, at the time I got a good deal from, I think his name was Kevin.
    His company was called "sit happens"
    In Burnaby.

Sorry name was Jeff.
    Last edited by digger dogger; 12-13-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Been using the Sportdog 1825 model for a year and a half. So far love it. And as others mentioned. I trained my self on its use before the dog got to wear it

Quote Originally Posted by mike 458 View Post
    Good morning
    looking for some advice. I have a 4 year old lab that I hunt with and I have a new Labrador pup coming. I am looking into e collars for both of my labs. Why brands do most use ? And where would you recommend I purchase? I do want one that works with one controler for 2 collars.
    cheers
    Join the facebook "Used retriever training equipment" site. I've bought a couple of things from the guys on there for sweet deals. I see e collars up for sale all the time.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/524547470996762/

One other thing re "conditioning" The trainer should know exactly what is happening when he/she hits the transmit button. When I got my first collar for my labs I held the collar in my hand and first hit the "buzz" ( tone- no shock ) button. I then hit the "correction" at the 50% level to see what the dog would experience-- ouch !!!! Finally turned it up to max -- HOLY CRAP !!!! it was like grabbing an electric fence.... I only ever used that setting ONCE with a loud NO on my female lab as she ignore me hot on the heels of a deer. Thats all it took. After that the buzz was used for recall and stop barking.

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated Ol Phart View Post
    One other thing re "conditioning" The trainer should know exactly what is happening when he/she hits the transmit button. When I got my first collar for my labs I held the collar in my hand and first hit the "buzz" ( tone- no shock ) button. I then hit the "correction" at the 50% level to see what the dog would experience-- ouch !!!! Finally turned it up to max -- HOLY CRAP !!!! it was like grabbing an electric fence.... I only ever used that setting ONCE with a loud NO on my female lab as she ignore me hot on the heels of a deer. Thats all it took. After that the buzz was used for recall and stop barking.
    LOL I know that ouch.