Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Losing your hunting partners.

Re: Losing your hunting partners.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Lost my hunting partner 3 years ago .....
    Watched him grow and mature into a fine ethical hunter .... fun to be with, twinkle in his eye, gave 110% ....
    He was teaching me a thing or two ...
    Left too early.
    He was my son ...... missing him.
    Heartbreaking. A man's worst nightmare. Sorry.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I am in my late 60's and have lost a lot of hunting partners over the years. Most were much older than I. Great friends and hunting buds. All but a couple have died and some don't hunt anymore. Perhaps a dozen years ago I was lucky enough to hook up with my current hunting partners. They are 10 to 15 years younger. I went from the youngest to the oldest in camp. I can still hold my own but when the time comes they will cut me some slack . Finding good hunting partners can be tough loosing one is harder.

Watched him grow and mature into a fine ethical hunter .... fun to be with, twinkle in his eye, gave 110% ....
    Left too early.
    That's a terrible thing to have happen. My sympathies.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Left too early.
    That is a tough go ACE, my sincere and heartfelt sympathies to you on your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I feel for you so sorry the hear ,,I lost my best friend in a hunting accident he was shot in the chest by another hunter Danny died in my arms his last words where I am hit pertly bad Wayne I dream about this accident for 53 years
    Can't imagine what that would be like. Very sorry to hear anyone has had to go through something like that. I hope the dreams get better to deal with and the good times are remembered more than the bad.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

My hunting mentor died many moons ago, my great uncle was the guy who would drag me out after school to drive for him. Learned many things from him, good and bad, I think fondly of him often. My father in law was a pretty good hunting partner, always up for any adventure, try to show me up, I miss that bugger so bad, we never got a chance to elk hunt together.

My current hunting partners are three of my very best friends, 2 of them I met from HBC, the third, my wife delivered to me 20yrs ago, my son. I am lucky to have had my life touched by many good friends, hunting partners, family, and I try to help people out as I progress through my hunting career, as others have helped me. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

sometimes it is a good thing as just drink and blame the world . Most old guys are cranky anyway

And here I was "feeling pissed off" with my self, cause my best friend and supposed "future long" hunting partner
    keeps bailing on me, year after year, for those few short weekend hunt in the month of November.
    (Every year he keeps telling me "it's going to be different, and he is "good to go" for the upcoming season,
    "all in"...yada yada, but then.....nothing, no call...gone)
    Because of my current situation, affordability/physical, "on my own" won't work.

I was lucky to have a father, my true best friend, to have had countless of great years and memories, always
    dependable, and just as full of passion, if not more.
    But age has brought this to an end....

I know many here have had similar experiences, hunting with a parent.
    And others, who have also had friends bail.
    I read some of the hardships of other's....
    But, especially yours ACE, puts it "back into perspective for me".
    I truly am sorry for what you endure each year, everyday, and especially on the "past memories" time of season.
    Most people can understand, but, when you become a parent, you can then relate even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    sometimes it is a good thing as just drink and blame the world . Most old guys are cranky anyway
    Really, a good thing, wow,messed up

i miss my dad . but every body dies in this world and no age limit that is the way it is . And some old people should just stay home . i love a old guy to hang around camp but please slow up on the booze