Thread: East Harrison or chilliwack

East Harrison or chilliwack

Going for a late season last ditch effort to cut my first big game tag. Which place do I have a batter chance and where would I start. Not familiar with either area so not Looking for honey holes just a starting point

2. Site Sponsor

Re: East Harrison or chilliwack

Both are equal

Niether is an easy hunt and both involve good knowledge of the area and deer within it. Without experience and knowledge of either location it’s roll the dice luck if you see a deer let alone shoot one

pick one hunt it and then keep scouting/hunting the same area. After time a good amount of time scouting/hunting the area then your odds of cutting a tag increase

Any knowledge you get on locations within those two areas you might as well go out and find a spot that has been overlooked. Even ok BT are kept well guarded

Quote Originally Posted by Dlo11 View Post
    Going for a late season last ditch effort to cut my first big game tag. Which place do I have a batter chance and where would I start. Not familiar with either area so not Looking for honey holes just a starting point
    Get off the roads into the timber and you may get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Get off the roads into the timber and you may get lucky
    And this doesn't mean enter the edge of a cut block 50 yards, wait an hour and walk out because you didn't see anything.

Hike in like 1 hr from the nearest road. Know the area! Maybe spend the morning driving around and making sure your 1hr hike isn't just going to get you up onto a ne logging road above that you could've driven to.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Maybe spend the morning driving around and making sure your 1hr hike isn't just going to get you up onto a ne logging road above that you could've driven to.
    I hate when that happens.

Some great spots are a stones throw from roads. Best bet for a new area is doing several shorter hikes over a large area IMO