Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cranbrook Whities

Re: Cranbrook Whities

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    gcreek may have an issue with that...
    Doubt it.. he supports enhancement burning
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    The locals I know won't even take one and they bascially pack up after the doe season starts due to the increased traffic
    Sounds like about anywhere that holds deer in the southern interior to me. As soon as all bucks are open plus wt does the parades begin. Plus October is THE traditional month to hunt it always has been, someone should make a reality tv show about Thanksgiving long weekend! lmao. I do my utmost best to avoid hunting weekends in October and I totally disappear from some of the good spots I know until November. Don't want to tip my hand to all the traffic and the decrease to about 10% of October's traffic come November is easy on the nerves.
    Last edited by Salty; 12-08-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    So what you're telling us Wayne is that the years of 4 point only mule deer regulations in the EK haven't helped mule deer populations.

And I agree. That's why we should be burning as much as possible and lobbying for more funding to do so.

You hit the nail dead center Pat..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

There are so many other reasons why the mule deer are getting lower in numbers its not all about habitat but habitat is one big reason why the numbers have declined..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    IMO the decline started back in the 80s so was wondering if you could show the yearly population data from the 80s on mule deer in region 4 just the EK stuff if you want and by MU, since each MU is different.
    If you could also show the data showing what MUs people were hunting in at that time would be great as well, for see more hunters now then back then as well.
    Thanks
    So guessing there is insufficient scientific data to show or back any thing up other then your usual comment there use to be nearly twice as many hunters.

I have hunter numbers for mule deer, for region 4.

1986 - 1990:

For the period 2012 - 2016:

Looks to be just about half the number of hunters now as there were then.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    I have hunter numbers for mule deer, for region 4.

1986 - 1990:

For the period 2012 - 2016:

Looks to be just about half the number of hunters now as there were then.
    Is that hunters who hunted in region 4 or hunters that reside in region 4. Is the data from purchased licence or hunter card survey? What are the % accuracy.
    Last edited by horshur; 12-09-2017 at 09:22 PM.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    You should hunt blacktails in region 2 probably about the same odds of success. White tails in 4 and 8 are way down and it is the governments fault by allowing the stupid seasons and bag limits. I live in region 8 and took 1 trip to the kettle this year and its worse than last year and put the nail in the coffin for me on that spot. I shot a 3x3 white tail outside of skookumchuck last year on our hunt which was great eating but realistically 10 days there and we saw half of what we saw the previous years. You may have better luck in creston area but its dwindling there as well. If you dont live in an area or work there its a waste of gas if you actually care about success. If its just about the trip pick somewhere new every year and change the scenery.
    Where I went in region 4-04 this year I saw lots of WT....contrary to many on this site, over the last several years I have kept close tabs on WT numbers from what I can personally observe, and I have personally observed the numbers to be stable...trail cams don't lie, in heavily pressured areas I find they go nocturnal quick..just my observations..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Where I went in region 4-04 this year I saw lots of WT....contrary to many on this site, over the last several years I have kept close tabs on WT numbers from what I can personally observe, and I have personally observed the numbers to be stable...trail cams don't lie, in heavily pressured areas I find they go nocturnal quick..just my observations..
    Maybe you are new to hunting only within the past 5-10 years .?.. because yes sir trail cams don't lie ... I even have a few set up in your neck of the woods on the other side of the lake around that fire and I saw deer but not 20-30 a day not once this year

Wasn't the intent of the two doe limit to reduce the whitetail population?

Mission accomplished so now it's been reduced back to one doe.

Very high populations of whitetail among struggling mule deer numbers isn't good for mule deer.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....