Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cranbrook Whities

Re: Cranbrook Whities

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    There are zones in Minnesota that are no bag limit for whitetailed does.
    Yes and the population is estimated at 1million WT and they only harvest 15% of the population a year

Huge difference in WT population and density

Reality is B.C. needs to apply its WT harvest according to the populations of its MUs not blanket regs across its regions if it wanted to manage the as a valuable game animal. But this is not the management goal

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Whitetail are a completely different animal than moose, breed at a far higher rate, and mule deer are different than caribou...predation greatly effects caribou, but what effects them more, is the same old word we've heard so much, habitat....caribou rely heavily on the old growth forests and forage on the lichens etc that exist in those forests, forests that have been reduced - habitat loss..comparing apples to oranges...
    Harry : You missed the point completely ....And I might add don't know what you are talking about ...

If we are putting value on wildlife, whitetail deer are the bargain bin of wildlife. At the current rate, we will have nothing but w/t deer in 30 years. There will be lots of them all over the province, and people will still complain that the doe season should be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    if it wanted to manage the as a valuable game animal.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    If we are putting value on wildlife, whitetail deer are the bargain bin of wildlife. At the current rate, we will have nothing but w/t deer in 30 years. There will be lots of them all over the province, and people will still complain that the doe season should be closed.
    Complaing about doe seasons some always will

As for your other prediction on future WT population in BC that is nothing but fear mongering

I know we've been hammering the topic of whitetail and mule deer numbers but does anybody know if the grizzlies can be a problem in that area? Never been in that neck of the woods by 4-2, 4-3 before. Just wondering if wall tents are safe or not. Anybody had any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    There are zones in Minnesota that are no bag limit for whitetailed does.
    Yup, Minnesota has a lot in common with BC., great comparison.
    You should have compared us to North Carolina, I think you can still shoot a deer a day there for the 3 month season.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Yup, Minnesota has a lot in common with BC., great comparison.
    You should have compared us to North Carolina, I think you can still shoot a deer a day there for the 3 month season.
    That's pretty funny, since YOU were the one who first compared us to the US in your post.

Once you got an answer you didn't like, then they became non-comparable.

Only ask a question if you know the answer first.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Caribou, Thompson Steelhead, Fraser River Chinook, to some degree, some moose and mule deer pops. It's not really fear mongering when there has been a steady decline of these species over years, or even decades. I'm not suggesting that it is a forgone conclusion, hence "at the current rate", but there are plenty of examples that a person can give. Whitetails are prolific breeders, and they will be the last ones standing if the status quo remains the same.

As for your other prediction on future WT population in BC that is nothing but fear mongering

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Caribou, Thompson Steelhead, Fraser River Chinook, to some degree, some moose and mule deer pops. It's not really fear mongering when there has been a steady decline of these species over years, or even decades. I'm not suggesting that it is a forgone conclusion, hence "at the current rate", but there are plenty of examples that a person can give. Whitetails are prolific breeders, and they will be the last ones standing if the status quo remains the same.
    I miss understood your post thought you were suggesting WT would cause a decline of all other species

Ahhh... gotchya. All good!

I miss understood your post thought you were suggesting WT would cause a decline of all other species