Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cranbrook Whities

Re: Cranbrook Whities

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Interesting opinion kill piles and piles of female cats to drive the species into obliteration, hopefully all members of the public are aware of what some hunters are attempting to do.
    No one said do that. It has been used in other jurisdictions and I listed the results. But keep spreadin' the shit, Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Personally would rather have studys showing what happened here, not Idaho, Washington, Montana etc, sure they may give something to go on but could be totally iralivant here.
    You want studies done here, then you should support the funding model to do the studies.

Instead, you fight against all the people that are trying to make a change for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Been following this thread for sometime now,,,,,I am not going to get into a big argument about the decline on prey animals,,,,,,,,,,(My Thoughts sweet and short)...

To many hunter targeting all game species,,youth season takes lots of animals,winter kill,winter kill,cattle take habitat,to long of a GOS,more easy road excess quads trucks etc,road kill,mismanagement,old growth timber being cut predator population big numbers,, just a few pointers on why the game animals on all species have vanished in big numbers,,its a big circle on all why game numbers have depleted

I will leave it at that..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Read results of a study done in Michigan, predator impact on their deer herds. They found Lynx killed more deer than all other predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    2-lips .... You missed the point of comparing the theory that eliminating the moose from the landscape would save the caribou from the wolves
    Eliminating the WT will not do much to save the mulies from the wolves
    Onyour other points , yes wt are more prolific breeders than moose BUT eliminate the predators and the population thrives
    Yes mule deer are indeed different than caribou
    No, in bc the primary cause of the caribou is predators , habitat is secondary
    i know the point your trying to make...from what I read, a high WT pops affects the MD more by keeping a high cougar pops, not wolves as much..we are both right about the caribou, it's habitat and pred numbers that are the prob, beginning with habitat..take note on the article about the other ungulate species keeping the pred numbers up, thus affecting the caribou greatly..I believe that same relationship exists to a point with the whitetails and mule deer..it really does make sense, although like you say, there are many other factors in play..
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...vation/caribou

Harry read fishes crap...cougar are compensatory they only kill what would have died anyway only like 5%.Wolves only 1%. So either they do or they don't just the science of the week club. You need to keep up on this stuff it changes daily. Remember a decade of finest moose management on planet..calf seasons..best data. WTFH? Eh
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

So the wolves on Vancouver Island. What is there primary prey. Pemberton? Sunshine Coast?.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Harry read fishes crap...cougar are compensatory they only kill what would have died anyway only like 5%.Wolves only 1%. So either they do or they don't just the science of the week club. You need to keep up on this stuff it changes daily. Remember a decade of finest moose management on planet..calf seasons..best data. WTFH? Eh
    ???what exactly are you trying to say??

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    We need an interpreter over here....

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Part of what he is getting at is opinions in what is the correct scientific way to manage wildlife change non stop. This is very true and one of the main reason I urge people to not jump and support a management plan as fact till results are proven.

He is also giving a study that shows impact of predators if I understand correctly. It seems like he is stating the study shows a lower impact then many would expect

You are being urged to dig deeper like some of us do already

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    No one said do that. It has been used in other jurisdictions and I listed the results. But keep spreadin' the shit, Larry.

You want studies done here, then you should support the funding model to do the studies.

Instead, you fight against all the people that are trying to make a change for the better.
    Not spreading any ---- just commenting on what you said.
    Not fighting anybody been in favour of all funds going back to wildlife from day one, heck would even like
    to see an increase in tags and licences, probable long before you guys brought it up.
    And as already mentioned to see some studys done as to why the decline in populations are happening.
    Studys done on whats happening now are all ready flawed.
    More about conservation of wildlife then the opportunity to shoot the last one out there.