Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Cranbrook Whities

Re: Cranbrook Whities

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ???what exactly are you trying to say??
    Idaho studies say cougar are not an issue for deer numbers. Then we manage Whitetail under premise that they maintain higher cougar numbers creating higher depredation on mule deer? Except didn't they just say cougar were not the issue? Idaho have whitetail just the same as here.
    So have we been deceived to support a season on premise we are helping mule deer from cougar? We have actually according to the top notch bio from Idaho. So the old boys complaing on here are they wrong or right?
    There were a lot of good old boys questioning moose management but we "according to some here" had the best data and world renown reputation except it all went to shit...and while it was going to shit the same old tune was played again and again like Nero's fiddle.
    The Washington crap on cougar is problematic because the co authors don't even agree. Two of the bios are antis so they are as biased as most of BC's conservation officers. If you look up methodology you can be even more dismayed. Just ponder how you can have a reliable control in an open system and how unrepresentative a control in a closed system is.
    So pardon me and my skepticism. And while we are on the topic of Idaho have you any idea of the ORV trail system there? Extensive to say the least.
    lastly did anyone care to ask Idaho sportsmen how the hunting has been?
    Last edited by horshur; 12-14-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Happy to answer.
    Whenever a person offers their views on a topic most would like to know if they come from a position of expertise based on their life experiences and working knowledge of the topic.

IE - a person that debates corporate governance, how to run a company better than that of those in charge, yet have never run a company, let alone been in management.....how valued should their opinion be?

Aint a Tinder like question chief.
    I like to know what a person is all about before I can take a word they say seriously ( as I try and respect everyone)
    Well no disrespect Ourea but don't see any threads were people have giving out the information you have asked for or
    anywhere were you have asked others for such info, well except for Jasmine you seemed to ask her for a lot, and don't
    think you respected her much.
    Sorry don't have a title before or after my name if that's the sort of thing you need.

Studies that show reduced predators is off set by more animals starving only works when populations are at max carring capacity! The mule deer presentation showed that weather and predation were the largest killers of fawns.

1 cougar will kill 1 deer/week one area I hunt the Outfitter treed 28 cougar in one year! Do the math

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Well no disrespect Ourea but don't see any threads were people have giving out the information you have asked for or
    anywhere were you have asked others for such info, well except for Jasmine you seemed to ask her for a lot, and don't
    think you respected her much.
    Sorry don't have a title before or after my name if that's the sort of thing you need.
    No offence taken LBM.
    As for Jassmine.......I show zero respect for her/him/them as she is a mole on this site.
    Total troll.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I know we've been hammering the topic of whitetail and mule deer numbers but does anybody know if the grizzlies can be a problem in that area? Never been in that neck of the woods by 4-2, 4-3 before. Just wondering if wall tents are safe or not. Anybody had any issues?
    Wall tents are not safe, sometimes they catch on fire nd burn down. Then you have to sleep outside, which is dangerous with all the white tails running around at night.
    Lotsa grizz in 4-2, they get a little weird during harvest season.
    Blacktailaholic

First off the management has to do something about controlling the wolf population there tops on the food chain for the decline of prey animals can any of you members tell me what the
    management has done to control the wolfs in the EK or other regions over the past 10 years ??? the only control that I know is trapping and the odd hunter shooting a few wolfs but that's
    not enough..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..