Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cranbrook Whities

Re: Cranbrook Whities

It's weird you get all these biology study's yet more than a handful and I'm sure alot more than that have been seeing first hand the decline in pops yet some of you guys continue to argue ...im Def not a biologist but I have alot of SD cards from the past 10 years and the animals must have all moved down yo the state's... 27 cams don't lie or do they ? Maybe they are only picking every second or 3rd animal up .

Biologists like FD's buddy say that killing moose will save caribou as well. I'm not concerned about having whitetails disappearing here, that will never happen, but it was sure nice to have a choice of decent bucks to take. Now you gotta take the first basket you see.
    Last edited by koothunter; 12-06-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Sorry , but these numbers just dont jive .....more bucks = less pregnant does and less fawns ? What text book is that from .?
    The school of reality says something different . Especially with wt .
    X2 Buck numbers should be 50/50 looks like there including a percentage of fawns into the doe numbers also is predators figured into the numbers? Also the old dry doe eating 3x as much as a fawn makes me think about my teenage sons eating less then their grandfather lol ! Maybe they need to get out of the office more and figure out what's going on in b.c. And not rely on southern US studies.

Quote Originally Posted by antlerking View Post
    X2 Buck numbers should be 50/50 looks like there including a percentage of fawns into the doe numbers also is predators figured into the numbers? Also the old dry doe eating 3x as much as a fawn makes me think about my teenage sons eating less then their grandfather lol ! Maybe they need to get out of the office more and figure out what's going on in b.c. And not rely on southern US studies.
    50/50 bucks/does would cause a rapid population decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

How do you start with a population 50/100 when nature gives you a 50/50 chance of male/female

Like Rock says, we have a one doe, one buck season here now, and no mulie if you get two whities. I get lucky every year and turned down a lot of big does cause they had a fawn or ,a lot of times two. And I haven`t seen any serious big whities for 5 years now. But I`m getting old and lazy too. Got a big dry doe and a real nice 4 Point buck within 3 days. Rather be lucky than good. Being both is even better. But it ain`t like it was 5 or 6 years ago. A lot of it is all the guys coming from away and hunting the shit out of the country in their big motorhomes and quads.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    50/50 bucks/does would cause a rapid population decline.
    Really? A quick google search shows some studies find this to be optimum.There are as many opinions as there are studies..... pick which one suits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Really? A quick google search shows some studies find this to be optimum.There are as many opinions as there are studies..... pick which one suits you.
    No it doesn't.

Herd productivity falls rapidly when it consists only of adults. Without fawn recruitment, mortality of adults would see your populations go in the shitter as adults die from various causes.

All that matters is fawn recruitment. Refer to the table above for optimum fawn levels. Anything under 30 - 35 fawns/100 does will result in herd instability.
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

How do you start with a population 50/100 when nature gives you a 50/50 chance of male/female
    Text books, controlled environment, you know science stuff��

Mortality rate for males is far higher than for females.