Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wolf hunt Region 2

Re: Wolf hunt Region 2

Quote Originally Posted by scotty30-06 View Post
    Anyone have many sightings of wolves in southern region 2?
    I haven't seen any where I hunt. Lots of coyotes though as i found out from the "doe urine incident". There are probably a few around at times but not enough that I have seen one in person or on cam.

I did see one in Langley just off the the bypass across from the ice rink about 5 years ago. We had this goose nesting on the balcony, goslings just hatched. I wake up to her going nuts, look down and my first thought "wow a lost husky... must have been on his own for months... wow he's even hunting... oh wait" lol ... seen lots of cool stuff around there... two wolverines, a dead one eating a live one. Crazy to see in the city. Tons of coons and yotes too.

Doesn't seem to be many around the south coast but when we hunt in the south cariboo we them all over in broad daylight... nuts out there

As Spy mentioned, PG66 / Steve Isdahl smokes them by the pack. He is having problems with high numbers in his area and is planning a coordinated sea-to-sky effort from the sounds of it. No doubt he is going to point a lot of people in the right direction. Offer from Gatehouse is gold too.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 12-06-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    w w d - you wanting to team up with Jassy she just a commie Troll trying to BE Friend a few on here ! Shes not fooling everyone ! JMO RJ
    I usually don't make remarks publically about individuals on forums, but after reading the bs from Jassmine
    she's the only one I've ever placed on my 'ignore' list.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    I usually don't make remarks publically about individuals on forums, but after reading the bs from Jassmine
    Would love to hear what specific posts you consider to be BS.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    two wolverines, a dead one eating a live one. Crazy to see in the city.
    A zombie wolverine. Now that is crazy!
    Pretend hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    A zombie wolverine. Now that is crazy!
    lol oops, got that backwards. To clarify, the live one was eating the dead one (at least I think)

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    Thanks didn't find much in terms of location, area, gps planning etc stuff that I was hoping for.
    Wolves move around alot. There one week and gone 50km away the next. You want to see a wolf in region 2? Go up Ashlu Valley in squamish and hit a fawn distress call. I hear that road up in behind quest university in squamish holds wolves and cougars. Hit the rabbit and fawn distress calls...let us know how you did. My fawn distress call seems to only bring in does lol. But yeah give it a try. You gotta just go out and do it and learn by trial and error. Someone did bring up a good point above...let's see and hear about your year to date outings. I didn't get much for deer this year(hardly saw any sign actually). Got a moose in region 5 though near Horsefly, big moose small antlers.

zombie wolverine now thats some scary shit..make a horror movie with that..

So Jassmine...or whatever your name is, you really need to go away. I don't believe for a second that you plan on wolf hunting. I'm confident you don't hunt at all. My guess is that you, like the anti-hunters who harassed bear hunters in the West Kootenay this last spring, are a total and complete liar. I think your question is disingenuous. My guess is that you're simply stirring the pot again. If no one can direct you to a pack of wolves, I'm sure you will be squealing with delight, because you'll be able to say "see, these knuckle-draggers on HBC who always complain about too many wolves, can't even tell me where they are". This will confirm your belief that wolf populations are low and require saving. Your antics here are foolish. Go away.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    This will confirm your belief that wolf populations are low and require saving.
    Feel free to post the evidence of me ever saying anything remotely similar to that.
    In fact I've commented on a wide range of literature that demonstrates the synergies between loss of habitat, habitat modification/degradation and predator pressure on ungulate populations.
    Last edited by jassmine; 12-06-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Wolf hunt Region 2

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    Wise Words from a rather Learned Man!
    I firmly second that my Friend!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me