Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Region 3 Access?

Thumbs down Re: Region 3 Access?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Douglas lake is having big issues with wolves and coyotes...
    While I can actually internalize that intel and be reasonably comfortable with it, the sad part of the news is that these problems are spilling over from their "area of refuge". And that latter part really sucks.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Region 3 Access?

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Just a reminder guys, it's Winter Time up here! If your going off road carry a set of good chains, and know they fit your tires, a real strong snow shovel, license plates do work but snow shovels work better! Sand bag's, jackall, come a long or chain block, I like winches my self, 25 feet of chain or good cable, extra socks, boots, jacket, food, water, and anything else you can think of! And most importantly! And when you drive by the ranchers house on your way up the logging road, Smile and politely Wave! You might be knock'in on his door at 2 AM asking for a tow out of the ditch!!! Good luck this weekend!
    X2. Good gear and knowing how to use it is as important as rifle, tags and TP.

We had to chain up in 3-19 to run some of the hills

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    While I can actually internalize that intel and be reasonably comfortable with it, the sad part of the news is that these problems are spilling over from their "area of refuge". And that latter part really sucks.

Nog

Don't get me wrong, I was attempting to imply exactly what you just said, I apologize that I failed haha, you are 100% correct, if they didn't have such vast expanses of private property and actively patrol and restrict access, the wildlife wouldn't be so dense, offering the predators such ample chance to eat everything. I have zero compassion for that specific ranch in any sense of the word.. I know numerous people locally who were trying to be clever and trespass to hunt there and wound up with charges going through the courts..

I've found the guys that work for DLR good guys, quick with a wave, I've had them stop and see if I was OK before. Salt of the earth kind of guys. But the owners can go **** themselves.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by BChunter1982 View Post
    So we drove out to Chase Falkland Rd yesterday and drove almost every FSR and spur we could get into with my truck. We saw 1 set of deer tracks in the snow and a few moose tracks, and I am talking we covered ALOT of ground. But we did see about 5 million K9 tracks from big packs of Wolf to Coyote running every road and cut block we could find. In my years of hunting I have never seen so much Dog tracks anywhere and I have hunted alot and covered many MU's. Keep me posted how you make out if you go out that way but after a full day spent there it was one of those days. Weird part was not being able to find any deer tracks anywhere (yes we hiked around as well). Good luck in your adventures, I do agree, geographically it looks like an awesome area all over out there but no sign is not a good sign
    I did get out that way today for an afternoon outing. Sorry you were unsuccessful, but it's typically a crapshoot when trying a new area one is unfamiliar with. I too saw a good deal of predator tracks but also a few more deer tracks than you appear to have seen. They looked to be a day or so old until near the end of my hike, I found some freshies. Looks like those were a result of a spooked deer, either by me or a dog type critter, there were those kind of tracks nearby as well. A friend of mine lives up that way just north of Pillar Lake & he suggested the area to me several years ago. I also hunt around the Monashee pass & have to say I've had more close encounters, almost success up that way. I've seen deer up close in 8-13, plenty of sign in the Falkland 3-26 MU but never spotted a deer in person there other than on private property on the way in/out. Don't know if you made it up to the Paxton Road area, north of Miller Lake, that's where I usually try my luck. Before the advice from my resident buddy, I hunted FSR to the east off Chase Falkland road. Area I go to now you make a left (west) just north of Pillar Lake, then to Paxton, then I go right & left again to access the road going past Miller Lake.

Didn't get up as high as I wanted since it was a short day, but decided to mount the chains part way up. That was a wise decision. I was hoping to break through the cloud cover, but road got a little too sketchy higher up even with the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    I did get out that way today for an afternoon outing. Sorry you were unsuccessful, but it's typically a crapshoot when trying a new area one is unfamiliar with. I too saw a good deal of predator tracks but also a few more deer tracks than you appear to have seen. They looked to be a day or so old until near the end of my hike, I found some freshies. Looks like those were a result of a spooked deer, either by me or a dog type critter, there were those kind of tracks nearby as well. A friend of mine lives up that way just north of Pillar Lake & he suggested the area to me several years ago. I also hunt around the Monashee pass & have to say I've had more close encounters, almost success up that way. I've seen deer up close in 8-13, plenty of sign in the Falkland 3-26 MU but never spotted a deer in person there other than on private property on the way in/out. Don't know if you made it up to the Paxton Road area, north of Miller Lake, that's where I usually try my luck. Before the advice from my resident buddy, I hunted FSR to the east off Chase Falkland road. Area I go to now you make a left (west) just north of Pillar Lake, then to Paxton, then I go right & left again to access the road going past Miller Lake.

Didn't get up as high as I wanted since it was a short day, but decided to mount the chains part way up. That was a wise decision. I was hoping to break through the cloud cover, but road got a little too sketchy higher up even with the chains.

Cool man, that sounds like a better day out than I had. No I didnt get out to those other areas, actually I concentrated myself on Bolean FSR, and the one just north of it and the other one just south of it (not sure what the other 2 were called) and we got up pretty high but nothing. I want to get out and tour around the area alot more come spring time, I am going to try for a black bear again in the springtime and this area may have good numbers I have heard, but I will see how that goes in the springtime! Hope you have some more luck out there this year (this weekend that is)

A day in the woods is better than any day in the city