Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

Re: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Without a doubt this is wrong.....but why is it when it involves FNs in similar scenario on private land without permission it doesn’t make the news. Just saying.
    Because that ain't news obviously!!

Our government really HAS to up the anti on all these poachers....start with $10,000 fines and seizure of firearms and vehicles and go up from there!!

Re: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

There is an article on CBC news about this written by Andrew Kurjata. Originally it was pretty negative towards hunters but I politely emailed him the following;
    Hi,
    The men in your article referred to as “hunters” are actually poachers. The vast majority of us hunters are ethical, safe and law abiding. Please do not lump myself or many others like me into the same category as poachers/criminals.
    Thank you,

He replied quite quickly and reviewed his article. Several spots were edited including the headline in a way that did not paint us in such a bad way. I thanked him for reviewing it and said if he ever wanted to do an article from a hunters perspective, I would find him some people far more well spoken than myself.

I’m going to start doing this more often, hopefully it will help make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    There is an article on CBC news about this written by Andrew Kurjata. Originally it was pretty negative towards hunters but I politely emailed him the following;
    Hi,
    The men in your article referred to as “hunters” are actually poachers. The vast majority of us hunters are ethical, safe and law abiding. Please do not lump myself or many others like me into the same category as poachers/criminals.
    Thank you,

He replied quite quickly and reviewed his article. Several spots were edited including the headline in a way that did not paint us in such a bad way. I thanked him for reviewing it and said if he ever wanted to do an article from a hunters perspective, I would find him some people far more well spoken than myself.

I’m going to start doing this more often, hopefully it will help make a difference.
    Thank you for going out of your way to do that. Small things add up...

Good on you KBC, I thought the samething, just never did anything about it, unlike you.

Thanks but it was pretty easy and took 2 minutes. Hopefully seeing how easy it was to make even a small change will get more of us to do the same. I've always thought about doing stuff like that but figured it wouldn't matter. I'm not sure why I decided to go ahead with it this time but I'm glad I did.

Let's all start pushing back politely and with facts, I find friends or acquaintances opinions are pretty easy to change when you aren't an angry douche bag and you present honest facts and well thought reasons why.