Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

Re: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

Time of shooting reportly was at 5:30pm. Wouldn’t it be dark at that time?

Re: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

Hopefully they nail the poachers...

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by 4 point View Post
    Time of shooting reportly was at 5:30pm. Wouldn’t it be dark at that time?
    If that were the case, it could have been person(s) shooting the bunch hoping that one
    would turn out to be legal. I've seen evidence of this several times over the years.
    There are some pretty callous, unscrupulous, and uncaring individuals out there. I've also
    seen where someone has purposely fatally shot an animal just to watch it suffer before dying.
    The first animal I saw that was callously shot was a big range bull on the way to Gaspard Lake
    on the Gang Ranch. The people that killed it did so out of spite because a young cowboy
    wouldn't tow their heavy disabled 2wd truck with camper out of an area with signage stating
    "4 wheel drive only, no towing available beyond this place."

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    cause the “auto loader” was the problem ....
    There were many animals shot suggesting someone with an autoloader, no where did he mention that the autoloader was the problem. Give ur head a shake before u post and pick good intentioned people's posts apart.

what gets me going is they blame hunters. I think bcwf should take them to task on the wording.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Next time a land owner says no...you know why. I know a local rancher having same issue as well as other stories of increased poaching this year. Seems like there are less and less ethical hunters out there that will do anything to get their next great Facebook profile pic. Just gives the antics more ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Next time a land owner says no...you know why. I know a local rancher having same issue as well as other stories of increased poaching this year. Seems like there are less and less ethical hunters out there that will do anything to get their next great Facebook profile pic. Just gives the antics more ammo.
    Did you ever hit a nail on the head. What people will do to be "instafamous". I don't think its a fad either.

As to the poaching, thats hard to hear about. Landowners are going to be on the look out. What a shameful waste.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    what gets me going is they blame hunters. I think bcwf should take them to task on the wording.
    CBC radio this morning called them hunters, and that the activity was illegal. Wording like that leaves a negative feel to hunting. These were not hunting, they were poaching. As far as I am concerned, hunting is a perfectly good and legal activity. Poaching is anything that does not sit within the word of the law and rules. These characters were far outside the definitions of legal hunting.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

hmm more info on line sounds like a truck load of guys...they where confronted by land owner and fled..sounds like a bad judgment call by some draw holders...unfortunatley they are probably on this site..
    sounds like pushing the legal light and trespassing..than abandonment...ughh big black eye.

Without a doubt this is wrong.....but why is it when it involves FNs in similar scenario on private land without permission it doesn’t make the news. Just saying.