Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

Hopefully they find the people that did this. Just crossed the twitter feed....

The Peace BCCOS have responded to and are currently investigating a disturbing incident regarding the killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others. Anyone with information please call 1-877-952-RAPP. May remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

I really hope they figure out who was responsible for this.....really sucks.

Re: BC CO Service: ... killing and leaving of several elk and the wounding of others

Any links, where was it?

There is a lot of poaching going on in the peace.
    I've ran into a CO, the last two times I've hunted the peace area.
    Shooting within road allowances, and outright poaching off of private land, without permission.
    Fricken brutal.

yup as there were two COs that went along with this ??

Tried to find a link to post as well. This was through their Twitter account and no link to full story was attached.

Just don't get how people could do this kind of bullshit. Penalties are obviously not severe enough.

What an massive waste of fine animals. I hope that they are recovered quickly and give to family's in need this season. It is dirtbag's like this that make it hard for people to access private land and get support from the none hunting public. I agree that the punishment for this type of action need to be higher. It would be nice to see a Robo elk and a sting in place to get these poachers.

I am going to be heading up North for the 7-20 elk hunt with the family later this month and I can just imagine that the doors will be closing all across the region for the honest hunting family's. This is a truly sad day again for us all.

i hate to speculate but cause could be..
    1.pissed off rancher elk ruining his hay.
    2.due two dates inexperinced draw holders accidently herd shooting..late season elk can be tough to get a clean shot.
    3.some drunk ass hat with a auto loader that thinks hes funny.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    i hate to speculate but cause could be..
    1.pissed off rancher elk ruining his hay.
    2.due two dates inexperinced draw holders accidently herd shooting..late season elk can be tough to get a clean shot.
    3.some drunk ass hat with a auto loader that thinks hes funny.
    cause the “auto loader” was the problem ....
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER