Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Ban of guns in urban areas

Re: Ban of guns in urban areas

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    Classic, what about the 1100 families that lost someone to an overdose this year that will never get to see there loved one again? Try putting a price on that.
    While I do feel sorry for the family, it was the persons choice... No one forced them to overdose on illegal drugs. How the f*** is this the rest of societies problem?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Doesn't TRUDOPE know that the only people that a gun ban would be the legal gun owners who aren't the problem anyway.

Bring back the death penalty and use it. A life sentence is just a feeding ground for lawyers because every few years the criminal come up for review and they need a lawyer.

The ban on illegal drugs is working so well that the powers that be have set up safe injection sites for illegal drugs
    Fully agree as long as the sentence is not based on circumstantial evidence.
    As with liberal/leftist mentality the obvious plan once the urban ban is implemented the other areas will soon follow suit.PERIOD

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

I think our "millennial" must still be sleeping shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't wake her

Took this off of CGN
    Originally Posted by BAAC

If the question was: "Do you think a ban of legal guns in urban areas will have an effect on crime?" you would have got different results. That's why they phrased it the way they did. They know it will have no results on crime stats.

Polls are total BS, as was clearly demonstrated in the last US election, and people don't trust the results. They are PR, nothing else. You fight PR with PR.

So true... working in a call center doing surveys really opened my eyes to this. It wouldn't be very hard to craft a new survey to produce a more "pro gun" result... It wouldn't be hard at all... but if you ask the average person : do you think guns should be banned from urban areas? It should be no surprise that 69% said yes... I'm actually surprised it wasn't higher. Some may simply interpret the question meaning "illegally owned" guns for example, and not even consider that the question is referring to legally owned guns.

Simply changing the question(s) to

"Do you think vetted, trained, and licensed individuals should be able to purchase firearms in Canada. So long at they adhere to safe storage, transport, and discharge laws?"

"Do you think preventing these individuals from legally owning firearms within an urban environment would prevent the spread of crime?"

You might get a different result in the polling.

This is the “mainland hunting” sub forum,
    can this be put elsewhere?

In Canada, how many injuries and deaths or crimes are committed by legally owned firearms? How many injuries deaths and crimes are committed by illegally obtained firearms, regardless of class of firearm? What is the real problem here that needs fixing.

When the hell will these morons wake up and realize those who obtain a firearm unlawfully care little about things like firearm licences, registrations or prohibitions. I'm sure safe storage and handling is also right up there on their list of concerns.

This is like saying let's ban prescription medication because people are overdosing on illegally obtained drugs.

Tougher penalties for those found in possession of or selling firearms illegally and committing crimes with firearms. I could care less if it's a .22 cal single shot rifle, hand gun , or prohibited automatic assault rifle.

Beyond contacting my local MLA and making my opinion known, what is the best organization law obiding Canadian firearms owner can join to represent us and look after our interests?
    Last edited by Ron.C; 12-04-2017 at 11:05 AM.

I have been a member of this forum for a while but usually resist the urge to comment on much. But I would like to personally thank Gatehouse for his very educated and very well articulated conversation with Danny. Once emotions can be pulled out of the argument and we can discuss ACTUAL FACTS, most of the liberal views start to lose ground.

But no they want to create more safe Injection sites

I think the people that think safe injection sites for illegal drugs should look in a mirror to see how stupid they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    In Canada, how many injuries and deaths or crimes are committed by legally owned firearms? How many injuries deaths and crimes are committed by illegally obtained firearms, regardless of class of firearm? What is the real problem here that needs fixing.

When the hell will these morons wake up and realize those who obtain a firearm unlawfully care little about things like firearm licences, registrations or prohibitions. I'm sure safe storage and handling is also right up there on their list of concerns.

This is like saying let's ban prescription medication because people are overdosing on illegally obtained drugs.

Tougher penalties for those found in possession of or selling firearms illegally and committing crimes with firearms. I could care less if it's a .22 cal single shot rifle, hand gun , or prohibited automatic assault rifle.

Beyond contacting my local MLA and making my opinion known, what is the best organization law obiding Canadian firearms owner can join to represent us and look after our interests?
    It's never been about the criminal. It's about disarming a lot of tax payers so they can't say 'no' to a tyrannical government.

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post

I think the people that think safe injection sites for illegal drugs should look in a mirror to see how stupid they are.
    They ought to subsidize ahooting ranges and racetracks so we have safe recreation facilities too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..