Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban of guns in urban areas

Re: Ban of guns in urban areas

He definetly did say his least valuable possession was worth more than the person trying to steal from him.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I don't think he said that. That was from my post saying people should go to jail for armed robbery or b&e, addict or not. Being an addict gets a free pass. Police can't hold them because of potential discomfort of not getting their next hit.

It's hard to babyproof the planet for criminals at the expense of non criminals. Would I be mean to say we should not cover the earth's surface with nerf padding to protect someone who steals my car and might drive recklessly?

While I agree we should ween addicts off a couple days before their jail time (ie: prevent from dying, though anything short of permanent physical harm from withdrawal will help them make better choices) we must acknowledge self determination plays a role. B&e should get someone locked up for 6 months at least. Armed robbery, 5 years at least. Currently both are de-facto legal.

There are consequences to my actions. Heck my wife tumbled off a ledge head over heels several times down to the next ledge. Messed up her back something awful and has been out of action for the most part. I accept the consequences of the back country. Why can't a criminal accept potential consequences of armed robbery? If there is an increase in crime, it's a directly result of this kind of cultural enablement.

If we babyproof the planet for addicts, can I get an elevator ride and ziplines through my BT spot? After all I'm a BT addict. Can I rob Cabelas and get a free pass!? Lol
    We're going in the opposite direction again haha. We're not trying to baby proof this world for them just helping them and acknowledging that addiction is a disease. These are human beings that maybe steal something from you this year but can be influential and productive people in society after that. If I was in there shoes I'd sure a shit want help, what about you?

Ugh, this thread needs to be moved or shut...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by antlerking View Post
    Dug addition = mental illness get the dealers eliminate the supply, save the addicts,treatment 75% of murders with guns solved stop trying to take mine and every other law abiding citizens guns
    While your statement may make some sense, it is not the issue I am trying to highlight here. Gang bangers and drug dealers are criminals, and obviously don't abide by the laws. They also usually don't commit to many "mass shootings" as this would draw to much attention to them. They appear to be more interested in settling scores within there own world. Mass shootings on the other hand, usually appear to involve people who are marginalized and want to settle a score with society in general. If they can't get firearms, they use motor vehicles or anything else that they can get their hands on. Unfortunately, their are a group of people in this country who have made it their mission to try and get rid of firearms. They focus on firearms, because we as a shooting community are so disorganized, and such a small group, we are easy to fluster, and make a great target. So what if we changed the debate, and said "mental Health" and economic inequality were the causes of these violent outbursts. Ask your government what they are doing to address these issues in a meaningful way.

Well there's 10 minutes I'll never get back..
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    He definetly did say his least valuable possession was worth more than the person trying to steal from him.
    I'm not going to go back and read so I will take your word and say there are risks to b&e an anyone who does it needs to accept the risks in doing so (i think we are still talking about drug withdrawal in jail) As far as judicial punishment, I'd say at least 6 months for theft/b&e. It would help them more than anything they could steal ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Ugh, this thread needs to be moved or shut...
    You’ve contributed very little to this thread other than whining.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I'm not going to go back and read so I will take your word and say there are risks to b&e an anyone who does it needs to accept the risks in doing so (i think we are still talking about drug withdrawal in jail) As far as judicial punishment, I'd say at least 6 months for theft/b&e. It would help them more than anything they could steal ever could.
    And we're back on track, stealing is wrong, helping people is good. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    You’ve contributed very little to this thread other than whining.

Does it have anything to do with hunting animals on the mainland?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    If I was in there shoes I'd sure a shit want help, what about you?
    Jail will help anyone who is so addicted they are robbing people. Tough to get a reliable supply of meth in the slammer. It will break their addiction and the discomfort would be lesson enough not to go back to it after they're clean. It will suck yes, but it's not supposed to be fun.