Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban of guns in urban areas

Re: Ban of guns in urban areas

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    It makes me happy we could find some common ground, I have no issue with a rational person like yourself. I just got heated after reading the first few comments (straw that broke the camels back on this site.) So much racist and ignorant comments go unchecked. I truely believe it's comments/ attitudes of that sort that are the biggest risk to people's gun rights. How do people expect to be treated fairly when they are a minority openly condemning every other minority in such awful ways.
    Now that we have common ground, would you agree our judicial system is broken, that real criminals for the most part are given a free pass and the resulting crime is used in stastics against law abiding gun owners?

In regards to immigration, though I have not spoken about this, I hope you would agree that there is such a thing as too much, too fast and there should be enforcement against illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by RugDoctor View Post
    My least important possession is worth more than any loser that tries to steal it from me.
    You are the problem.

We are so busy trying to sell our own viewpoint and defend our position, that we don't think, collaborate or discuss viable options to proceed forward, in a positive way, that benefits us all equally

Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Now that we have common ground, would you agree our judicial system is broken, that real criminals for the most part are given a free pass and the resulting crime is used in stastics against law abiding gun owners?

In regards to immigration, though I have not spoken about this, I hope you would agree that there is such a thing as too much, too fast and there should be enforcement against illegal immigration.
    Yes I absolutely agree. If a more progressive approach was taken on these "criminals" how many of these statistics could have been avoided? On the immigration thing, us as Canadians rely upon it but proper vetting is essential. The mass majority of these people are trying to do better for themselves or trying to protect there families from something we can't even imagine. They do not deserve to be regarded as lesser han beings because of the hand they were dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    I love these posts. A statement or topic is offered and then the "in-fighting" and a pissing war starts. We are so busy trying to sell our own viewpoint and defend our position, that we don't think, collaborate or discuss viable options to proceed forward, in a positive way, that benefits us all equally. In my opinion, the "antis" are gaining traction with the government, because no one else, is suggesting a different solution or remedy.

I have said it before here, and I will say it one more time. Most of the mass shootings that happen here and in the USA, usually involve people with mental health issues if you view the events with an unbias postion . As firearms owners we never seem to learn to change the conversation, and identify the real problem. I believe that mental health should be front and center in this conversation. it has many forms, from depression to isolation. If a person is unstable enough they will use whatever means possible to gain some form of revenge or fame. Instead of stricter gun legislation, we should be asking the government to address mental health in a meaningful way, and making the case for it. The average joe, only knows people are dying and guns are used. So you can see they will buy into whatever seems logical to stop these events. Ask yourself one question. If lots more people were being killed by people driving automatic cars, do you think they would ban or restrict them. No, they would access drivers more thoroughly before issuing them a drivers license.
    Something close to 1/4 of the US population is prescribed one or more psychotropic medications. Many of these list side effects such as violent or suicidal behaviour as side effects on the inserts. Even if such a side effect occurred in only 1/10000 cases, that is a lot of ticking time bombs in a population of 300,000,000.

It's pretty ridiculous. Kid wont do home work? Ritalin. PMS? Lorazepam. Shy around girls? Paxil. Cat died? Zoloft!

It's crazy to think... so many people who have mental health issues... borderline right on the edge... then Doctor gives them a bunch of pills to help them disassociate from reality and not give a f*** ... virtually every mass shooter has been on one or more psychotropics. I know there's a chicken-vs-egg arguement to be had, but 1/4?! Doctors need to stop giving it out like candy, and people need to stop looking for pill solutions for things diet, excersize and lifestyle choices will solve
    Last edited by caddisguy; 12-03-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks Stan, reading just one put me over the edge haha
    Hey Dany, I’m the resident bleeding heart liberal around here- quite mowing my lawn! (kidding)

It’s good to see some varying opinions expressed on HBC. There’s lots of fuddy duddys on here. I’ve read some pretty angry comments directed at me in the recent past.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Arrow Re: Ban of guns in urban areas

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Somebody needs a hug....
    Nope. He needs a "Safe Place" where he won't be exposed to all the realities of differing opinion.
    FAR from HBC would be my suggestion...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Hey Dany, I’m the resident bleeding heart liberal around here- quite mowing my lawn! (kidding)

It’s good to see some varying opinions expressed on HBC. There’s lots of fuddy duddys on here. I’ve read some pretty angry comments directed at me in the recent past.
    Very nice to meet you. Its always been hard for me to legitimize the thinking that you can't be for hunting and other such recreation and have a social conscience. That philosophy has always escaped me.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Nope. He needs a "Safe Place" where he won't be exposed to all the realities of differing opinion.
    FAR from HBC would be my suggestion...

Cheers,
    Nog
    I thought scout was talking about me. I didn't want to answer though... because yes I need a hug but I'm a little shy and didn't want to show weakness in my manly exterior. The physical and psychological abuse those blacktails put me through is something else... then the road to my camp washed out... punched my truck and broke my hand
    Last edited by caddisguy; 12-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Ban of guns in urban areas

... That philosophy has always escaped me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me