Thread: 8-03 ashnola sheep hunts

8-03 ashnola sheep hunts

Just looking for some info on these hunts did anyone have success this season. I was thinking of applying next season and giving her a go hopefully drawing one of the late season tags and taking a sheep. I see some counts from 2013 and there seem to be a decent number of legal 3/4 even full curl rams around. This is not me asking for spots I am very capable of doing this myself I have already googled everything on here, studied the maps and read all the gov sheep reports. Pretty straight forward just seeing what are everyone thoughts are.

Has as anyone driven through the bush and bypassed the reserve or is this part of the hunt paying a random amount of money to the FNs

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 8-03 ashnola sheep hunts

The road access isnt even that beneficial. The hike in is what makes the trip and it gets you to the same place.

Oh cool I thought you had to cross the reserve to make it in. Good to know. Just have to draw a tag now

You can drive that whole road through ashnola there's a provincial campground after the reserve down the gravel road buddy has property up there by the park reserve is no issue

I think the early tag has better odds to win. I would also bet its a higher success rate aswell. Without the distraction of killing alpine mulies on day 4 you are forced to stick to hunting sheep. At least thats what we found.