Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Senior Hunts.

guest Guest

Re: Senior Hunts.

Can't agree more Goatdancer....... Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    I am over the hill - 70+. I have a quad. I have a few nice guns. I have more bad joints and ache that most of you young bucks have parts. I have never had an issue with dropping an animal way too far back for a smart hunter to consider OK. So screw the special seasons. I have the opportunity to hunt when all the younger working folks are contributing to my pensions plus they are at their jobs. If us old geezers can't get it done when there are less hunters - usually Monday to Friday - then its time to sell the guns and take up needle point.
    Bullsh*t, I paid for my pensions, the "educations" of these solipsistic kids, worked at jobs which are among the most dangerous in society and EARNED everything I now own. So, maybe YOU should take your own advice, toughguy and stick your "needlepoint" where the sun don't shine much!

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Bullsh*t, I paid for my pensions, the "educations" of these solipsistic kids, worked at jobs which are among the most dangerous in society and EARNED everything I now own. So, maybe YOU should take your own advice, toughguy and stick your "needlepoint" where the sun don't shine much!
    Geez Dewey, you should mellow out.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    I wish they would get rid of all the youth and senior hunts completely.
    Too many people take advantage of both seasons, dragging grandpa out of the home to go shoot a calf moose, I've seen it many times.
    Why should youth get a special season?
    People say it gets them hooked because of the high odds of success but in my eyes all it's doing is enforcing the instant gratification attitude of today's youth.
    How about making them work for it like everybody else.
    All seasons and bag limits should be the same regardless of age, allowing one age group to hunt calf moose is insane.
    Getting close to the senior thing myself these days & don't see the need for a special season personally. I started late, but hey, that's the way she goes. Not a resident of BC my entire life either, so thinking a special season for new residents??? That should raise an eyebrow or two...

As for youth season, I think it's great. Fairly short anyhow. Check out these posts.... bring a smile to my face. My own daughter is not interested in hunting, plus she hasn't qualified as a youth for some time..... Gives me a good feeling to see others have success in their family outings.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...06#post1936206
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...67#post1943967
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...72#post1956672

These kids got away from their mobile devices & out in the bush with Dad, that's awesome & I feel they earned what they harvested.
    Last edited by mike31154; 12-17-2017 at 11:16 PM.

[QUOTE=mike

These kids got away from their mobile devices & out in the bush with Dad, that's awesome & I feel they earned what they harvested.[/QUOTE]
    Whatta ya mean kids......ya should see seniors ...how many hours they spent with comp....

Not interested in hunting old people. Who wants stringy old geritol fed meat?

As a senior @ 71, I have no ACL either knee, still capable of putting up with heavy loads for 15-20km! how? I want to be out there and will be, stop your snivelling, hunting without pain is a myth! Oh, this year party to 2 rams 6 mulies, only 1 of which was a 2 pt.

Helluva lot of game for one old hero to pack out 20K, boy, you da man!!!!!!!!

Maybe a seniors only grizzly hunt should be started up.

The hunting licence for over 65 is $7.00 but there is no discount for tags.

The man at the place where I bought my licence this year asked my birth date (I'm 64 this year) and said that in 2018 even though my birthdate is in June if I get it before for spring bear for example, then I'll get the licence for $7.00 because I'll be 65 that year.

I wish the PoCo range would do that too.