Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Hunts.

Re: Senior Hunts.

okay i am 32 years old and a father of two.
    mortgaged up the ass..over worked and holidays are tough... to come buy

can myself and all the other overextended over worked young dads have a young dads season..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    okay i am 32 years old and a father of two.
    mortgaged up the ass..over worked and holidays are tough... to come buy

can myself and all the other overextended over worked young dads have a young dads season..
    I'm in. Where do we sign up?

Maybe your living beyond your means. Us old guys have all gone through the same as what your going through. Worked our asses off also your not the first, that’s life. Like I always say when 32 year olds complain about their lifestyles I say, I would trade you my decent pension, house paid off, etc, health problems for your age of 32!

lol outside my means..

i remember being 26 and having a 2 year old and a 4 month old had 1.2 in payments hunting partner was in the same boat...he got a bull draw i said how many days can you take off..he said 1 i was relieved thats all i could do..we figured we had enough money for the trip up food and half a day off driving...

we headed up..made camp no sign found sighn at 3pm first day..hunkered down had bull down by 4...shot a buck on the way home...small lottery for us guys.first time i borrowed off my parents was for butcher fees..good thing butcher new me well..now i cut myself..i would agree to a senoirs season for 73 plus if science allows. other than that wow as me i am old.

whoah as me

well i let this one go for a bit as i knew there would be a lot of cry babes on this site WHAAAAAA. i allways put in as much overtime as i could so i could play and family were ok . i see a lot of girly men around these days

I agree with a specific season for we resident seniors, am 71+, partially disabled and feel that certain road restrictions, seasons and so forth should be changed to accommodate me and others like me.

I also think that all GO quotas and even concessions should be changed to allow for this season and only ONE deer and ONE larger animal per season be allowed as total harvest for we who would use this season. NO more meat taken than we can eat and NO exceptions.

Seems fair to me and I concur with the gentleman above, I would trade all of my supposed senior's perks for an age reduction of 40 years or so. Wait, until YOU are crippled, cannot access the analgesics you need and the healthcare which you have paid for since 1965 and then we shall see who is unfair.

guest Guest

Well, I'm no spring chicken, dam near 60. Been dealt some life changing challenges which has totally affected my old hard core go at it style. But I still get at it, try to get er done, more often not getting er done lol.

BUT I'LL BE DAMMED if I need my own special seasons. Man oh man, if you can't get er done with our BC hunting seasons at present. You best take up bar fishing and start keeping bull heads, shinners and chub and pike minnows.

Holy Cow

Reminder, it's not about harvest, it is about WILDLIFE for the future
    Last edited by guest; 12-13-2017 at 08:03 PM.

We used to have to get up half an hour before bed, clean out the lake, walk backwards to school in a snow storm, get a thrashing for being late....
    And that's if we were lucky.

luxury.

WOW hard to even find a senior hunt in the regs .