Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Hunts.

Senior Hunts.

Why is it there are not more openings to seniors compared to youth hunts. Yes I love to see the openings for the youth to introduce them to enjoy the outdoors for years to come but their mentors, grandparents etc. are counting down their chance for that one last hunt.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Senior Hunts.

Or disabled?
    I recall older friends telling me stories of hunting for others on welfare subsistence tags.
    Maybe someone might recall?
    Last edited by Blainer; 12-03-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

I agree there should be more senior hunts . This would be a great way to reduce animal causing damage on farm land. I'm sure farmers would be on board as well
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

So seniors, who are typically retired and able to hunt 7 days a week should get their own seasons, because the youth get their seasons that give them a weekend or two of preferential hunting (School starts same time as youth seasons). Hmm. I'm OK with disagreeing with that idea.
    Pretend hunter.

If you read it correctly I was not complaining about your hunts but comparing it to seniors who are in their late years and might want to spend some quality hunting with a son or daughter for a day or so. Relax your will be there one day!

Agree with landphil. Why? I have to work all the time.....guess I should get special season too. I respect seniors and all and almost am one, but doesnt make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    So seniors, who are typically retired and able to hunt 7 days a week should get their own seasons, because the youth get their seasons that give them a weekend or two of preferential hunting (School starts same time as youth seasons). Hmm. I'm OK with disagreeing with that idea.
    Exactly. Not to mention the average senior hunter has forgotten more than most of us will ever know. Youth hunts are preferential to get them an opportunity. Nothing motivates like success.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

it's more of an accessibility issue for most senior hunters I know . My dad was a go getter now his knees are shot ect . So having something in place as far as a seniors draw would be great.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Agreed..........

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Agree with landphil. Why? I have to work all the time.....guess I should get special season too. I respect seniors and all and almost am one, but doesnt make much sense to me.
    You do! It’s called weekends. Think about it. If us old guys still had our senior seasons, there would be far fewer out competing with you others and that way you wouldn’t have an old fart around every corner. Does it make sense now?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"