Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Hunts.

Hybrid View

Senior Hunts.

Why is it there are not more openings to seniors compared to youth hunts. Yes I love to see the openings for the youth to introduce them to enjoy the outdoors for years to come but their mentors, grandparents etc. are counting down their chance for that one last hunt.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Senior Hunts.

Or disabled?
    I recall older friends telling me stories of hunting for others on welfare subsistence tags.
    Maybe someone might recall?
    Last edited by Blainer; 12-03-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Or disabled?
    I recall older friends telling me stories of hunting for others on welfare subsistence tags.
    Maybe someone might recall?
    If I recall correctly, (in the mid 1970's) the subsistence tag was only available if you could prove absolute destitution, as in having been refused welfare, exhausted all options of borrowing from family and various other stringent criteria.

As far as senior hunts go, I wish some people would read the regulations synopsis before taking advantage of a senior hunt.

We ran into a guy in October in 2-11 who believed that there was a wide-open season for does for seniors in that area.

There is a youth/senior doe season in 2-11 September 10 to 30 but only in a small zone that is almost entirely private property requiring permission to hunt there.
    Last edited by MichelD; 12-03-2017 at 11:42 AM.

I agree there should be more senior hunts . This would be a great way to reduce animal causing damage on farm land. I'm sure farmers would be on board as well
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Cool Re: Senior Hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    ... This would be a great way to reduce animal causing damage on farm land. I'm sure farmers would be on board as well
    Dunno about the senior hunts so much, but I do know someone who could help you with your farmland damage problem

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

So seniors, who are typically retired and able to hunt 7 days a week should get their own seasons, because the youth get their seasons that give them a weekend or two of preferential hunting (School starts same time as youth seasons). Hmm. I'm OK with disagreeing with that idea.
    Pretend hunter.

If you read it correctly I was not complaining about your hunts but comparing it to seniors who are in their late years and might want to spend some quality hunting with a son or daughter for a day or so. Relax your will be there one day!

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    So seniors, who are typically retired and able to hunt 7 days a week should get their own seasons, because the youth get their seasons that give them a weekend or two of preferential hunting (School starts same time as youth seasons). Hmm. I'm OK with disagreeing with that idea.
    Exactly. Not to mention the average senior hunter has forgotten more than most of us will ever know. Youth hunts are preferential to get them an opportunity. Nothing motivates like success.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    it's more of an accessibility issue for most senior hunters I know . My dad was a go getter now his knees are shot ect . So having something in place as far as a seniors draw would be great.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Exactly. Not to mention the average senior hunter has forgotten more than most of us will ever know. Youth hunts are preferential to get them an opportunity. Nothing motivates like success.
    And that’s why youth seasons have my full support. If hunting is to have a future, it’s because our young people take it onto the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    it's more of an accessibility issue for most senior hunters I know . My dad was a go getter now his knees are shot ect . So having something in place as far as a seniors draw would be great.
    I don’t understand what you are saying. I can certainly sympatize with mobility issues, whether they be age related or not. But wouldn’t hunting together with family and friends during a GOS and having help with the heavy work be better? Can you explain what you mean, as I’m not understanding how a special season would help accessibility.
    Pretend hunter.