Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Hunts.

Re: Senior Hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by New Bow Hunter View Post
    Me, I am quite happy the way it is, since I can hunt calf moose. Leave it alone
    Dam! You would have to bring that up.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I think there is more then enough time for seniors to hunt along with the rest of us.
    They do have more time on their hands, and can plan trips during the weekday if they wish.
    If they have a "disability", they can apply for a "disability permit".
    It allows them to go into areas that most of us would normally be restricted to with a vehicle.
    I think that is fair enough, as I am getting older, and I do understand that the body can "break down", making
    some hunts near impossible to do without some assistance or easier access.

As for youth hunts....I agree, it is away to bring young folks into the "family of hunting".
    The only down point is....some adults use this to "their advantage".
    Yes, kid tags along, but sometimes they aren't the ones really hunting.
    But with all things in life, there are always going to be some "bad apples" who just disregard what the
    true intentions were in the first place......"self proposed entitlement" I suppose??

Anyways, I think things should stay the way they are.
    My father who is turning 80 in a few months agrees, no need for a special season.
    Just an understanding that he has some "special needs" due to an "old body" and "worn out/damaged parts" that
    are beyond repair, especially at his age, but that his "passion" for hunting is still the same as when he was in
    his 20's.
    Hopefully people can understand that...and remember...we all get to that point, some just get there faster then
    others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I think there is more then enough time for seniors to hunt along with the rest of us.
    They do have more time on their hands, and can plan trips during the weekday if they wish.
    If they have a "disability", they can apply for a "disability permit".
    It allows them to go into areas that most of us would normally be restricted to with a vehicle.
    I think that is fair enough, as I am getting older, and I do understand that the body can "break down", making
    some hunts near impossible to do without some assistance or easier access.

As for youth hunts....I agree, it is away to bring young folks into the "family of hunting".
    The only down point is....some adults use this to "their advantage".
    Yes, kid tags along, but sometimes they aren't the ones really hunting.
    But with all things in life, there are always going to be some "bad apples" who just disregard what the
    true intentions were in the first place......"self proposed entitlement" I suppose??

Anyways, I think things should stay the way they are.
    My father who is turning 80 in a few months agrees, no need for a special season.
    Just an understanding that he has some "special needs" due to an "old body" and "worn out/damaged parts" that
    are beyond repair, especially at his age, but that his "passion" for hunting is still the same as when he was in
    his 20's.
    Hopefully people can understand that...and remember...we all get to that point, some just get there faster then
    others.

^^^ that!

I wish this forum had a Like button for posts...

I'm 72 and no need for a special season for me. I walk, have a truck and ATV, and hunting partners and we can hunt whenever we want and certainly do not have a problem on booking holidays (or saving them for family holidays) or getting time off to go. Going out on opening day or on the first day of a particular season is not an issue and to try to make exceptions could be difficult. Furthermore, most of us seniors figure we are only about 50.

Yes, let's give people who typically have the most disposable time and income a special season. I think the youth season is a great idea, give the kids a chance to get out while the game is generally less nervous and a little more cooperative. But I fail to see the need for a special senior season.
    KCCO

I'm far from being a senior but the more I hunt the more l enjoy watching my sons have a successful hunt then myself,my dad is the same way watching his grandsons. Been there done that let the next generation follow in our footsteps

I am senior....i totally agree to have more opportunities for older ...yes you can have diasability permit,,if ya bad enaugh...im not there yet..still my high hill climping days are behind.,,thats why my young strong ones are with me..but they have to work too.

I,d like to have something same as doe season for 18or younger for older hunter..i dont think too many animals is gonna taken if that is implemented.

We had those special senior seasons up until the year before I qualified. Why did they remove them, who knows? Whimsical, just like the rest of the wildlife management methods.
    Some of you think that we seniors are out everyday, some seem to think that seniors have disposable time and income, some seem to think that our hunting buds last forever.
    Reminding you of this thread, http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...nting-partners Try connecting to a new old hunting partner. By the time we get to our age, we have so many quirks that finding a partner with nearly the same is down right impossible. Down the road, you will come to understand what I say.
    It takes a greater degree of effort to get out, especially if you have a wife. On the other hand, if she is pushing you out the door, there may be an ulterior motive.

Mid to late season hunts are out of the question. Archery season would be doable if I could pull the bow in one easy effort. Guess I will have to go for a crossbow next season, but the crossbows are likely to be removed from that season just like the senior seasons were removed. Wouldn't want anything too easy for the ol'farts now would we!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

How bout just a key to gates for the season?

What's with all this "disposable income" talk about us Senior citizens ??
    All I've got is "disposable diapers".
    Hey, as a Senior, I'd love to have special hunting "rights", maybe lower tag fees and such ( I know, we already get a big reduction on our annual liscence ) but I agree with most here - unless it involves a real disability, treat us the same as every one else.