Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Hunts.

Re: Senior Hunts.

I am with others and feel there is no need for special seasons for seniors. Plenty of time to hunt the weekdays if they don’t want to compete with the weekend warriors.

One season for all.

I am a 75 yr. old senior and still hunt actively. My thoughts are in favour of youth to bring in more hunters, But as long as you are still active the regular season is good. If you cant cut it you should not be out there, Some one needs to keep the fire going and the camp safe. That will hopefully be my job when I hit the big 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    You do! It’s called weekends. Think about it. If us old guys still had our senior seasons, there would be far fewer out competing with you others and that way you wouldn’t have an old fart around every corner. Does it make sense now?
    No it doesnt.....likely they would hunt the special senior season as well as other regular season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Or disabled?
    I recall older friends telling me stories of hunting for others on welfare subsistence tags.
    Maybe someone might recall?
    If I recall correctly, (in the mid 1970's) the subsistence tag was only available if you could prove absolute destitution, as in having been refused welfare, exhausted all options of borrowing from family and various other stringent criteria.

As far as senior hunts go, I wish some people would read the regulations synopsis before taking advantage of a senior hunt.

We ran into a guy in October in 2-11 who believed that there was a wide-open season for does for seniors in that area.

There is a youth/senior doe season in 2-11 September 10 to 30 but only in a small zone that is almost entirely private property requiring permission to hunt there.
    Last edited by MichelD; 12-03-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Exactly. Not to mention the average senior hunter has forgotten more than most of us will ever know. Youth hunts are preferential to get them an opportunity. Nothing motivates like success.
    And that’s why youth seasons have my full support. If hunting is to have a future, it’s because our young people take it onto the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    it's more of an accessibility issue for most senior hunters I know . My dad was a go getter now his knees are shot ect . So having something in place as far as a seniors draw would be great.
    I don’t understand what you are saying. I can certainly sympatize with mobility issues, whether they be age related or not. But wouldn’t hunting together with family and friends during a GOS and having help with the heavy work be better? Can you explain what you mean, as I’m not understanding how a special season would help accessibility.
    Pretend hunter.

Cool Re: Senior Hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    ... This would be a great way to reduce animal causing damage on farm land. I'm sure farmers would be on board as well
    Dunno about the senior hunts so much, but I do know someone who could help you with your farmland damage problem

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Yup. seven days a week and as the boomers retire even more seniors. We've lived and hunted in the best of times. Be happy with that.

Accessibility issues are accessibility issues whether there's a special season or not, typically seniors are retired and able to go out whenever they want, I don't see the need for a special season.

Me, I am quite happy the way it is, since I can hunt calf moose. Leave it alone