Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Senior Hunts.

Re: Senior Hunts.

Curley, you are going to find that there is a HUGE difference between the late 50s and being past 70, even without the major injuries I have coped with since age 13. So, be a bit more cautious as your time approaches....

Residents against guides. Non Native vrs Natives. Bow hunters vrs firearm. Road hunters vrs hikers, hunters vrs biologist and now youth vrs seniors. Ain't the internet grand.

Hey I was just happy with the $25 savings on my licence until I realized bear season opens April 1st and I don't turn 65 'til May. Guess I will have to pay full price for another year. That Sucks! LOL! I looked through the regs and there isn't much in the way of specials for seniors which I am ok with. For me I need to hunt with family and/or friends so a special season for me would not work. Now more access would be great as my 10k - 20k hiking days are long gone as well as packing game in big chunks. As for all that disposable income, I wish!

Tags should be half price for old f,,,s too

I am 70 and I don't want any special treatment, but what I do find is I can find the deer back in the bush and have to pass them up because I cannot get them out anymore.I do have to watch where I shoot them, It has to be a down hill drag or where I can get my jeep close to, I still have the hart but not the body anymore. Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by webley View Post
    I am 70 and I don't want any special treatment, but what I do find is I can find the deer back in the bush and have to pass them up because I cannot get them out anymore.I do have to watch where I shoot them, It has to be a down hill drag or where I can get my jeep close to, I still have the hart but not the body anymore. Steve!
    I hear you....
    But, finding game off the road and not being able to take it out is quite normal if you ask me.
    The only way around that is to hunt with a partner or someone younger who can help.
    I probably wouldn't go elk hunting any longer if I did not have a partner...and...
    I have passed up on elk only because I knew I sure as heck was going to want to pack it out from the
    junk it was in....that just happens.
    But yes, getting older is not easy when it comes to hunting that's for sure!!!

Deer season is 3-1/2 months long now we need a pensioners season? Not sure I would agree
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Just remember most of the old seniors didn`t have four wheelers too use . If they took four wheelers away most of the hunters too today would hang it up and there would be a lot more game around.

I wish they would get rid of all the youth and senior hunts completely.
    Too many people take advantage of both seasons, dragging grandpa out of the home to go shoot a calf moose, I've seen it many times.
    Why should youth get a special season?
    People say it gets them hooked because of the high odds of success but in my eyes all it's doing is enforcing the instant gratification attitude of today's youth.
    How about making them work for it like everybody else.
    All seasons and bag limits should be the same regardless of age, allowing one age group to hunt calf moose is insane.

I am over the hill - 70+. I have a quad. I have a few nice guns. I have more bad joints and ache that most of you young bucks have parts. I have never had an issue with dropping an animal way too far back for a smart hunter to consider OK. So screw the special seasons. I have the opportunity to hunt when all the younger working folks are contributing to my pensions plus they are at their jobs. If us old geezers can't get it done when there are less hunters - usually Monday to Friday - then its time to sell the guns and take up needle point.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....