Thread: Which Predator Call?

Which Predator Call?

Which electronic predator call/decoy for wolf and cats??
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Which Predator Call?

what do you want to spend? they range from $100 to $1000+

Quote Originally Posted by hunter fisher View Post
    what do you want to spend? they range from $100 to $1000+
    I'm thinking $100-$450 range
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Just bought a ecotec GC320 before i went on my October hunt. Set it up for the first time and within 5 minutes had a very large Lynx come in i had to run down chase it away as it was dead set on carrying it off. Set it up again a few days later different local same thing Lynx came right in quick. Rabbit distress. Good battery life around $200.00 bucks .Can do 2 calls at once and the remote works from a great distance away also comes with a fur attractor spinner which you can attach or not.I also found the call sound quality very good coyote howls are awesome.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

If you can budget for a Foxpro Fusion ($550ish?) I'd go that route. Unreal call, portable, can play two sounds at once which I think is a big advantage over most calls. The remote is fantastic and the sound offerings are almost endless, great company to deal with too
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I run an old foxpro wildfire and a jackdaddy. Then I use a rabbit reed call to add some variation. seems to work well for lynx and coyote and one really hungry cougar.

I use a foxpro hellfire with the spinner battery cover (jack in the box maybe, not sure what they call it)

it's ok for me but I haven't tried any others to know if it is good or bad.

Actually of the several ecallers I have owned, the one that gets the most use is the little Foxpro Scorpion. It is small enough to fit in a coat pocket and goes with me everywhere when I am in the bush. It lacks a bit in volume without the use of an external speaker, but then again even with my other foxpro callers I rarely use them at a volume higher than that of the Scorpion.

I have given a number of the much less expensive Johny Stewart callers to people I have hunted with offshore. These are limited in the number of sounds held on each sound card and require laying out the wire to get the speaker away from the stand. Nonetheless, my friends get good service from them and kill rooks, crows and assorted predators. One really does not need a hundred plus sounds and remote control to enjoy the basic benefits of an ecaller.

Another approach which we used 15 years or so ago in a time before commercial ecallers had remote controls and wireless speakers is still valid today. It could still be a relatively inexpensive way to obtain an wireless ecaller complete with remote control. We connected an MP3 player to a distant speaker system using wireless microphones designed to provide audio to video cameras. There is an abundance of sounds available free or at low cost on the internet to load on the MP3 player.
    Last edited by dracb; 12-05-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."