Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpine Muleys

Re: Alpine Muleys

Thanks curly top I appreciate the info, I will definitely investigate these areas and cover as much ground as I can as much as time allows me too. And yes, I will definitely offer help when it is asked of me. I plan on being more involved in the forum and offer any expertise that I can. One of the biggest joys I get out of hunting is getting friends and or new hunters onto animals as theres no better reward then watching someone else accomplish their goals. Really appreciate the information guys !

What curly top said.Lots of nice spots up Carpenter Lake and area.Any high country close to the Fraser river will yield some big bucks.The remoter the better.Good luck on your quest!

Lillooet, as said by the other guys. Get some scouting in! Early season alpine muley hunts are awesome, deer or not!

I have a few spots i am needing to scout aswell when is a good time to scout alpine as soon as snow is gone or a few weeks or so before hunting season?

The internet has many answers to this. Paired with hours on google earth and days weeks months and years actually hunting a spot and knowing it intimately. Even someone saying to you where to hunt is going to do pretty much nothing in actually getting you a deer.

Also if you have shot all these deer already then I imagine you probably should have a pretty good idea what's going on and I would think you can figure this one out. That's what hunting is figuring it out. But what everyone above has said is a good start. Example shulaps. That won't get you a deer though. That's a whole pile of work getting in and out of there. There are also probably big bucks where you are shooting deer already. Just pass on them. Wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mulieaddiction View Post
    I have a few spots i am needing to scout aswell when is a good time to scout alpine as soon as snow is gone or a few weeks or so before hunting season?
    Deer stage in the spring so august is best for scouting. Use cams to learn what's there and their movement.
    You can take that to the bank!
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    What curly top said.Lots of nice spots up Carpenter Lake and area.Any high country close to the Fraser river will yield some big bucks.The remoter the better.Good luck on your quest!
    like right into 5-4 hunted in there on horses many years ago .

thanks for the info guys I appreciate the help Im gonna throw some cams up and see what pops up ! if I get some decent bucks on cam I will repost in this thread when the time comes !

I hunted near Lillooet this year the first few days of September (solo alpine hunt) and was lined up on a big deer in velvet only 50 metres away (after walking about 6 hours). Both antlers were hidden behind a tree and although he was broadside and easy shot I couldn't be positive he was a 4-pt (might have been a big 3). We stared each other down for over a minute before he turned and ran showing me that he was in fact a big symmetrical 4 pt. Going back next year but not telling exactly where it is.
    Interesting side note that while I was out hunting a wolf walked right through my camp (saw the tracks).
    As others have said, lots of big muleys on the west side of the Fraser River around Lillooet and north to Big Bar.