Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpine Muleys

Alpine Muleys

Hello everyone,

First off I feel bad for posting this but am needing some help!. I'm looking for a bit of info in regards to an alpine muley spot for next season that holds big deer. I have only hunted alpine muleys for a few years but am quite obsessed about the beauty of the landscape, terrain, and challenges these hunts offer. I am willing to hike into wherever in order to find an area that holds good mule deer. I've shot plenty of muleys and whitetails through my years of hunting but my goal next year would be to get a solid framed 4x4 + (potentially) still in velvet. If anyone is willing to give any information in regards to a good spot I promise not to blow it up as others might as I would like to, and, prefer to do this hunt Solo. Any information would be much appreciated. I'd be more than willing to help any fellow hunters pack out their own deer if we were to meet on the same hill !. Any and all information would be awesome as I can also share some of my spots where I've had success for Whiteys or Muleys.

Feel free to PM me or email me at : conrad.w@live.com

Thanks in advance everyone and congratulations to all succesful hunters this year! If you weren't able to connect on what you were after, perserverance and patience will pay off eventually!.

Cheers, Conrad

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alpine Muleys

I've seem some massive mule deer in Cathedral Park between Manning and Keremeos. That area may suit your request....
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Wtf .... is this for real? Not only are you not a beginner hunter looking to get his first animal you also offer nothing in return. What's in it for anyone willing to share their spot with you?

The least you could've done is to post some of these "plenty" of mulies and whitetails you've shot over the years and offered to take someone to your spots in exchange for them taking you to theirs.

I did offer to share some of my spots... sorry maybe I didnt make it clear in my post I apologize just looking for a little info thats all!

this is getting crazy

Thanks man! I will definitely look into those ranges. I've heard good things about those areas and actually went into a spot in Keremeos this year but the moon was full and the weather was miserable... didn't see much action. Will have to go scouting again in the Summer in better conditions and see what turns up! Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by conrad08 View Post
    I did offer to share some of my spots... sorry maybe I didnt make it clear in my post I apologize just looking for a little info thats all!
    My apologies I didn't see it in the last sentence there.

I think your best approach is going to be to stick around amd make some friends. And plan an alpine hunt to their spot and then a later hunt in one of your spots.

People are very reluctant to give up their spots for obvious reasons. And ones that do often give outdated info on a spot they no longer hunt. Thats just what I would expect if I was you.

Stuck around. Meet people. Make friendships then you'll eventually be invited out. I don't think anyone will just hand you a spot

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Nothing wrong with asking for help Conrad but Ive hunted a lot of Alpine in BC and so many factors go into finding a consistent spot which in most cases with Mule Deer its ever changing, especially with big Mule deer as they don't get that way from being stupid, in an area where theres no pressure you may be able to consistently find them but again so many factors after that, weather and food just to name a couple.

One of the main factors to finding and keeping a good consistent area is not telling anyone, not even your brother........!

On top of that not many people consistently shoot big Mule deer, this of course also depends on your idea of a big Mule Deer, is a 150" class buck or a 200" class buck big in your eyes ?

I'm sure theres dozens of guys consistently shooting four points and 130-160 class bucks every year, not many guys shooting 180 or bigger every year in BC, if you want a 180 class or bigger buck be prepared to eat a lot of tag soup............ you don't shoot big ones by shooting little ones every year.

Sounds like your on the right track either way......keep at it and you'll get one !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Thanks Weatherby Fan I appreciate the wise words ! I'm planning on putting lots of miles on the boots this upcoming spring and summer and getting some cams to do some scouting for me when I'm not there if I find an area that holds good bucks I will let you know if and when I am succesful ! To me any buck is as rewarding as the next, scoring to me is not nearly as important as the realtionship between the hunter and the animals we seek!

Thanks again!

guest Guest

High Alpine in the Yalacom, Relay Creek, Spruce Lake, Texas Creek, Shulaps Range, To name a few gorgeous places to hunt the kind of place your looking for.

Now your new here, so don't to forget consider helping other fellow hunters when their looking for a hand.

Get your our boots to the ground in summer, several times, find those special places, in every aspect, the rewards of the Alpine are wonderful .

Good is luck to you.