Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gang Ranch 2017

Re: Gang Ranch 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ltbullken View Post
    Never known anyone to get any permission on Gang Ranch itself.
    We used to, a long time ago. Two big coolers of salmon, hali, ling, cod and shellfish helped......

Would have a meeting with the foreman every Nov on where we could and could not go. Was great, until some asshat decided to try and cancel their doe tag between the ranch houses....We were allowed that year and then after that, we could use the ranch to access the crown land behind it, in places others could not. But no more ranch land.

Have not been back in 15 years. Too many people, too many asshats and found other places to fill the tags.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

25 years too late there

Before 15 years or so there where lots of big mulies. now hard to find and didnt help they had it open for any buck there before as well maybe tike to find another area like that

Don't believe the bs. There are lots of bucks but mostly small. The bigger ones are just moving in the thicker stuff at knight. Most guys that are there now know what their doing.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by mulieaddiction View Post
    Before 15 years or so there where lots of big mulies. now hard to find and didnt help they had it open for any buck there before as well maybe tike to find another area like that
    So not shooting every 4 point on the land is why there are no big 4 points left. Alrighty then.

Ugh. This is getting so tiresome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

after a while you hunt deer for the hunt as if it is not 5x5 or better i just watch it and shoot near him to let him know be more alert buddy. i still have a great trip . moose elk and white tail are food big mule deer are sport . Oh yea and no uneven stuff this really makes it just camping and searching

Hmm there are lots of deer left.
    There are some big bodied brutes..300 pounds
    There are hat racks left.
    No not every 90 year old can harvest a 190 on the main road on thanksgiving day anymore.
    But if you hunt them like whitetails..and not like typical mulies.....
    These deer have been hunted for decades hard.they have indeed created their own tactics for survival..they are not Harri Housing. .

The question that started this was not if there were deer, or if there were big deer..but some changes to the shooting restrictions posted by BC Parks.

Off for surgery
    Thank you all, will be in contact
    Steven

Before leaving on my trip I did a quick google search where I found there is now a 400 meter no shooting restriction from any designated roads. Since I had not been in there in quite some time, I assumed if had been in effect for a few years now. Is it new this year?

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    but some changes to the shooting restrictions posted by BC Parks.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm there are lots of deer left.
    There are some big bodied brutes..300 pounds
    There are hat racks left.
    No not every 90 year old can harvest a 190 on the main road on thanksgiving day anymore.
    But if you hunt them like whitetails..and not like typical mulies.....
    These deer have been hunted for decades hard.they have indeed created their own tactics for survival..they are not Harri Housing. .

The question that started this was not if there were deer, or if there were big deer..but some changes to the shooting restrictions posted by BC Parks.

Off for surgery
    Thank you all, will be in contact
    Steven
    Good point on deer changing their patterns etc due to being hunted for years.
    Think about it, in the 50's, there hadn't been a whole lot of hunting back then...
    but every generation since then has been "taught" how and when to move.

If there were no 4 points that place wouldn't be so packed in November.