Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And now we know............

Re: And now we know............

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Just because the fish processors' volume does not match that of an abattoir is no excuse for not collecting and sending to fertilizer process. There is no excuse for exemption.
    It's like the little old l
    There is no excuse for dumping "tainted" offal into the chuck and we should be intolerant of that practice.
    Sounds like a great idea. I would assume that the intent is to have the processor pay for the disposal. A Renderer will not pick up a product and process it if it is not economically viable so the processor would have to pay for pick up, just like any other disposal service. Thus adding further to the costs of processing, which would be passed forward to the retailer and ultimately the consumer, thus adding to the price of farmed atlantic mush.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    What a load of horse crap this is . They are pumping blood into the blender of the seymore narrows and people freak!!!!!! They pump human shit in the ocean in Victoria what's worse???? People are idiots anything to bitch about!!!
    So because we doing something else that damages the local environment, we shouldn't care about other examples of environmental degradation that have widespread systemic consequences; to both the environment and our national economy?

for one thing, the per capita socio-economic benefits that come from dumping the sewage of BC's second largest city, probably far outweigh the local damage it does. It's not an excuse, but it certainly remains a significant factor in decisions about where to focus management resources.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by finaddict View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. I would assume that the intent is to have the processor pay for the disposal. A Renderer will not pick up a product and process it if it is not economically viable so the processor would have to pay for pick up, just like any other disposal service. Thus adding further to the costs of processing, which would be passed forward to the retailer and ultimately the consumer, thus adding to the price of farmed atlantic mush.
    Which is really how it should be. Wild salmon would then be subject to upward price pressure, making it more important economically. Otherwise, you're really asking local communities to pay for the private profits of the processors.

Fish farms - a disgusting industry making disgusting fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    However, when these companies are poorly regulated and/or poorly watched,
    But they are highly regulated and watched

they think they can, and will try to get away with murder if its an any cheaper solution to any particular problem.
    I know my company is very open.

The only reason this incident comes to light at all, is the random curiosity of an unpaid activist, being in the right place, at the right time.
    Really, unpaid, lol. Did you know you can take courses I believe its at UBC on how to become a professional activist. I have know this person since he was about 4 or 5 and was probably the first diver he ever saw when I came over from my farm and reattached the family's house dock that had broken away from its mooring. I then brought some things from the bottom to the surface for the kids to see. Trust me, he is not
    unpaid.

Oh and did you ask yourself about weather or not the blood water is treated or not? Because it is. Our company's blood water treatment plant cost $6million.

Remember boring news doesn't sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Pemby_mess Guest

Now that is interesting! Are you saying you own/are employed by Brown's bay processors? Because if the article is accurate, it's saying your 6 million dollar facility isn't working. The test samples are showing positive for the PRV, and ISA viruses being discharged into the water.

Maybe, instead of being defensive, you can use your credible insight to help to quell our fears about this being one of the primary factors behind the collapse in salmon South of the Johnstone straight.

No, Im not saying I work for Browns Bay. I work for Marine Harvest Canada. I wouldn't believe any report about samples these people had done. What lab was it done in?

Look at what these same types of groups say about hunting vs what you may know yourself.

Heres some info if you don't mind reading. I would post it here, but its quite long and has a interactive thing on it. https://www.biv.com/article/2017/5/w...salmon-stocks/

I don't want to come off as defensive, but so many on here have no clue as to what there talking about. I have been in this industry for over 30 years so when a guy from no were BC and wouldn't now the ocean if he was drinking it claims how bad we are, I may have a problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    So because we doing something else that damages the local environment, we shouldn't care about other examples of environmental degradation that have widespread systemic consequences; to both the environment and our national economy?

for one thing, the per capita socio-economic benefits that come from dumping the sewage of BC's second largest city, probably far outweigh the local damage it does. It's not an excuse, but it certainly remains a significant factor in decisions about where to focus management resources.
    Nope not saying that at all (fish blood in the ocean hardly seems like an environmental issue and as far as the tests go I'd call bullshit on it . Now pumping human waste in The ocean does seem like an environmental issue " unless you like corn fed crabs" but you don't hear people shaking about that embarrassment going on in beautiful Victoria . This is just another emotion based load of crap fueled by hippies and native whining yet again!
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    No, Im not saying I work for Browns Bay. I work for Marine Harvest Canada. I wouldn't believe any report about samples these people had done. What lab was it done in?

Look at what these same types of groups say about hunting vs what you may know yourself.

Heres some info if you don't mind reading. I would post it here, but its quite long and has a interactive thing on it. https://www.biv.com/article/2017/5/w...salmon-stocks/

I don't want to come off as defensive, but so many on here have no clue as to what there talking about. I have been in this industry for over 30 years so when a guy from no were BC and wouldn't now the ocean if he was drinking it claims how bad we are, I may have a problem with it.
    That was a well dome article, I enjoyed it. However, it does conspicuously fail to substantively address any of the observations we are seeing in Salmon runs South of Fish farm concentrations. Observations that, while not unique to BC, are consistent with other locations with fish farms, and absent from those without.

I'm not saying that all of the issues the article mentions aren't in fact issues for our local salmon. Just that if its primary thesis is correct, than those issues should be equally as damaging to salmon runs outside the influence of fish farm operations, and they're objectively not.

Its much too coincidental to me, that our experience is following much the same patterns as other disparate geographic locations that too have incorporated open net salmon farming into their coastal waters. Let's look at some actual research coming out of the only place where this issue is researched comprehensively:

http://www.vitenskapsradet.no/Portal...way%202017.pdf

The results there, are quite damning; and that is before we consider the Norwegian coastline being void of choke points such as those existent on the migratory routes of BC's salmon. Nor, does it reflect in the same way, the dangers that a similar but very different non-native salmon species will necessarily represent here; both in terms of a disease vector and as a virulent, alien competitor in cases of accidental release.

WRT;"some guy from 'nowhere bc'":

if it matters for me to have an opinion on this; i grew up sailing up and down the BC coast with my grandparents, owned my first coastal cruiser/fishing boat before my first car, have worked and played in many of our fjords, spent time in off-grid coastal cabins where we ate from essentially the bay outside the window and have had family members that lived for decades on boats, have made income from taking tourists sport fishing, etc. I now live in "nowhere bc", on what was formerly the largest salmon run in the world, and at least half my neighbours have a traditional dip net fishery honouring their ancestors that were nourished nearly exclusively by salmon for at least 10 millennia.

So if you're trying to insinuate that I don't have a stake, while you do; i'd beg to differ.

Alexandra won't get many people to click the donate button if she can't use shock to sell her crusade.

If there's one thing that will open bedwetters' wallets, it's the sight of blood.

Where does the blood go from the millions of fish chewed apart by sea lions every year?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !