Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning our First Mountain Goat Hunt!!

Planning our First Mountain Goat Hunt!!

Hey Guys

We are in the middle of planning our Goat hunt for Sept 2018 we have a few lakes picked out South of Tatogga Lake area. We were thinking of flying into Tumeka lake but after talking to a float plane company he told us there is a lodge on the lake. Do you guys think its still worth flying into the lake and hunting maybe opposite side of the lodge. Not being from BC I'm guessing most the lakes are going to probably have an outfitter within some sort of proximity. Thanks any thoughts on this area and yes we will be getting hosted from a couple friends from BC.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Planning our First Mountain Goat Hunt!!

I can tell you a few lakes via pm that should be a gimme. As for the lake you are asking about i dont know.
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    I can tell you a few lakes via pm that should be a gimme. As for the lake you are asking about i dont know.
    Thank bud sure appreciate it!!!

Hey Guys Question

what do you say a quartered Goat with Back straps and trimming weigh? I'm thinking two guys should be able to pack a single Goat off a mountain to a base camp with relatively empty packs.

Of course that all depends on the strength of you and your buddies but yes can done I always de-bone mine makes for a much lighter pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post
    Hey Guys Question

what do you say a quartered Goat with Back straps and trimming weigh? I'm thinking two guys should be able to pack a single Goat off a mountain to a base camp with relatively empty packs.

De bone them for sure. Goats don't have much meat on them. Your meat bag will weigh similar to the hide and skull bag!

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    De bone them for sure. Goats don't have much meat on them. Your meat bag will weigh similar to the hide and skull bag!
    Thanks good to know now just to wait t see what zone we are selected to hunt in were hoping for 6-20 but well see what we end up getting selected for.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Exactly that ^^^ we got about 60lbs if meat back from the butcher on our nanny goat.

Quote Originally Posted by ajeatoo View Post
    Exactly that ^^^ we got about 60lbs if meat back from the butcher on our nanny goat.
    you got 60lb BACK?

How much did you take in? Did you take the whole goat in?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    you got 60lb BACK?

How much did you take in? Did you take the whole goat in?
    LOL didn’t get the weight going in it was deboned in the field, taken to the butcher like that, hide went to Taxidermist, head is still in the freezer skinned.