Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Planning our First Mountain Goat Hunt!!

Re: Planning our First Mountain Goat Hunt!!

Well guys we are 13 days away from Hunt time just wanted to Thank everyone on this Forum you all have been very helpful in making this possible all the tips and tricks appreciate everyone helping out a New Goat Hunter cannot wait to share my story with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Astepanuk View Post
    Loaded 20 rounds last night what do you guys recommend for bring on a trip keep in mind we will be flying into the lake was think 20 at camp with maybe 9-12 on me for day hike.
    That should be lots. Goats can eat a lot of lead and you never know when you might knock your rifle and need to double check zero, especially in the mountains.
    The nice thing about flying in is you can bring all kinds of extras and just leave at the lake. Food, clothings, boots, bullets, camp gear, whatever.
    Twist and pull.

Hey guys

With Snow in the forecast before we go on our hunt do you find that Goats change there patterns at all or just stay up high until the heavy snow forces them down.

Thanks

Of course different species vary slightly, but I was always told about 30% of an animals weight is the meat yield. A large goat is 300lbs which would mean 90lbs deboned. I think goats are to the lower end of this “approximation” so 90lbs is a lot. You’ll probably be closer to the 70lbs range. Then factor in whether you want to keep skull/cape.

have fun!

Well guys just got out from my first goat hunt. Most emotional hunt over ever been on I’m gonna write up a full story for you guys this week. Happy to Say I did harvest a goat but there’s a lot more to the story stay tuned hope I can figure out how to post pics.

congrats! cant wait

Way to go! Looking forward to hear all about it

Congrats man! Just started following this thread the other day cause we might try this next year. Can't wait to hear how it went.