Thread: Chukar and Woodies

Chukar and Woodies

Hi everyone,

I was looking to hunt some Chukar and Wood Ducks next fall in BC but have no idea where to start looking. Can anyone give me some tips on locations and tactics? Not looking for honey holes just some general areas that hold birds.

Thanks everyone

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chukar and Woodies

I hear that the thompson river and the fraser up and around the big bar ferry for chukar not sure about woodies

Lotsa chukars by the gang ranch when we were in there a few years ago. There was no snow that time mind you.
    I had never seen them before (from Van Island) I was like wtf!? I thought there was 30 little grouse babies lol ! It's amazing how well they blend in when they stop moving.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Got into some Chukar last Nov around Ashcroft. Just walking the railroads. Look for a water source as you get further from the river. Lots of cactus too! Have also seen them along the Fraser in the Big bar area. They seem to like to hang around croplands thet are irrigated, as there is nice easy greens to be eaten.