Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer build is almost complete

Trailer build is almost complete

I call it the ChuckWagon because it has the best of both worlds.Its an old travel trailer.Seven and a half feet wide and fourteen feet long.I put 40 inch sides on it with a full back door and a smaller man door up front on the passenger side.Its tandem with twin 3500lb axles with brakes.I used 3/4 inch EMT tubing for the roof plus along with multiple extras.It still needs stairs on the ramp.I closed in the ends with plywood and 3/8 thick plexy carbonate.She will be covered with wall tent canvas complete with a wood stove an enough room for 3 cots plus chairs.I won't travel with this up but made it simple for quick setup time.Gonna try a quick setup at home if the weather holds.Its basically half trailer/half wall tent.Super excited to try it out.Having trouble posting pics again if someone could please help me out.Can text pics ?PM ME
    Last edited by markomoose; 11-26-2017 at 08:45 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trailer build is almost complete

I used 3/4" EMT for a cover on a utility trailer over my quad. The first bow bent in the wind when on the highway. I then used 1/2" pipe?? for that one. The rest sound pretty great.

Had help posting pics. Opinions? https://imgur.com/a/rr4c2.I'm super happy how it turned out and like I said the entire roof system is collapsible and two guys can dismantle in about 20 minutes.You can stand up anywhere in this rig so its 100% usable space. Cheers Mark
    Last edited by markomoose; 11-27-2017 at 06:12 PM.

That looks awesome Marko! I think that is a great combo. Very useful in so many ways. Nice work.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Looks like a good dry cozy space. At first I was trying to figure out how you'd get stuff in and out the tail gate but re read and see that you set up the frames on site. Great idea actually your truck will cut the wind for the lower part for the most part and you won't be wasting gas on wind resistance. Like the good slope to the roof too, let it rain, don't matter.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Very cool!

That is a real neat idea.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

How's the ATV get on and off?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Very nice ....
    Will you have a 'boot' on the reach for a deep-cycle battery setup ?

Looks like a great idea. She will need leveling posts on all for corners to keep her stable and level once at the site. I am assuming you will have a s.s. corner floor and side panels for a wood stove?