Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Backpacking out deer.

Thumbs up Re: Backpacking out deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    ... Anyways the rules have changed for packing deer but all accounts and personally I'll be following them. As silly as they are in this instance its what the COs are left to go by.
    Damn great advise! Especially for when you draw the short straw, and get the newbie CO with an attitude issue!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Backpacking out deer.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that if an animal is butchered up into pieces there is no good piece you can call a "carcass" anymore. Even if I'm leaving the tail and testicles they're attached to such small pieces that they might as well be on their own.

The only way you could pull this off is if you kept one quarter whole and to that you left attached the tail and testicle.

But that's not feasible when you're packing one out quite a ways. And I'm not doing it.

I'm taking the head and deboning the rest and will deal with the CO when and If that comes up.

I also take plenty of photos and a video of what I've left behind as well as the intact animal before i start butchering so that certainly can't hurt in my proof.
    Same here with the pics, and I agree, deboning it that way would be a royal pain in the ass..