Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chilliwack, I am out to get your blacktails!

Re: Chilliwack, I am out to get your blacktails!

I took home a decent bodied spike back on the 11 of November. 6 trips out no deer sighting and then it finally all came together. I've seen deer every time I've gone up since.

I've been so busy working that I haven't gotten out much other to walk my 4 dogs but we found a full bodied two point blacktail Wed morning Nov 22.

We had passed on a little 1 1/2" - 2" spike with his mom the day before spotted the 2 point buck only 50 yards away from where the doe was.

Rifle used was a shortened to 19" barreled T/C Contender carbine in 6.8SPC loaded with 95gr Barnes TTSX @ 2880fps.

Yes it is tough to find deer when you have 4 big dogs running around with you.

My buddy also sent me a pic of a beauty fully mature 4 point blacktail taken up in the snow somewhere in the Chilliwack Valley yesterday.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy
    That said, my questions are mostly about how much of a zoo the area is, if I can camp there and whether or not my car will get broken into or shot up while I am gone lol
    I never did make it out there, but heads up for anyone heading out there. Some cars and campers got shot up last night. One person sleeping in their jeep near the hatchery almost got killed.

Hits home for me as I usually sleep in the jeep. Always in the back of my mind I could get hurt by people who like to shoot cars for fun.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/252557...&ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I never did make it out there, but heads up for anyone heading out there. Some cars and campers got shot up last night. One person sleeping in their jeep near the hatchery almost got killed.

Hits home for me as I usually sleep in the jeep. Always in the back of my mind I could get hurt by people who like to shoot cars for fun.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/252557...&ref=bookmarks
    Lots of drunk people driving around in Chilliwack and Harrison areas shooting at all hours of the night. Can't say i'm surprised to hear this.

But speaking of people camping near the hatchery .... what's up with that? There is a camper or two and people just seem to be there year round now. Downriver from the hatchery, the "cement slab" i think the run is called. I thought they were there for salmon season. But when i drove by earlier this month they were there camping still. Salmon run would have long been over. :/

Lots of squatters camping out in the Chilliwack River Valley. Saw one guy set up at the top of a cut block. Looked like he was planning on staying the winter. Had his pet cat even.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    Lots of squatters camping out in the Chilliwack River Valley. Saw one guy set up at the top of a cut block. Looked like he was planning on staying the winter. Had his pet cat even.
    This is true, i suppose. There was a guy that lived at Tamihi campground out of his tent all of last year. Every time i'd go steelhead fishing he was there. Must have been a brutal winter to spend in an unheated tent every night.

I always figured the squatters hung around closer to town. Guess they've expanded their range.

Stupid crap like that is going to get someone killed one of these days. And when that happens it just gives the anti gun lovers more ammo for their side.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Some don't know there's anyone around...I was sleeping in my truck during the first week of bow season
    in the north Princeton area when suddenly there was rapid firing across a small ravine from me. I could see
    lights from a vehicle and hear loud music as well. Some of the bullets came my way, smacking into trees etc.
    I fired up my truck and raced over to them, parking right in front of their truck with all my lights in their face.
    It was a young fellow and his girl friend. I must of scared the heck out of them...enough that when I told him
    to give me his gun he did so. I then told him to pick it up at the Princeton RCMP office. He took off and I have
    no idea if he went and got his gun or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    Yup looks like he's staying the winter, I can see him from my neighbors deck with my spotting scope.

Speaking of idiots shooting without care.

Good friend of mine was still hunting a forested hillside in the chilliwack valley . 3 young punks parked next to his truck and began firing into the hillside he was hunting. He could hear the bushes around him breaking from the shots.

When confronted, the punks responded "we yelled out 'fire in the hole"

He photographed the cars and reported to police. No doubt there will be no consequences.

Anyways. Stay safe and be responsible with your firearms.

Chris