Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu Summit Refuge 3p tent

Kuiu Summit Refuge 3p tent

Does anyone have any experience with this tent?
    It is fairly new on the market but so far not many reviews.
    It looks like it ticks all the boxes for a mountain tent, including stove jack.

thanks
    Chuck

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kuiu Summit Refuge 3p tent

Has anyone tried this tent?

Havent tried one but I'm taking the plunge and ordering one tomorrow, I have been looking for something ultra lite for a couple years, but finding something with a large floor area in the sub 2 pound weight class is challenging. I will be using mine with trekking poles and with out the floor and footprint. My normal tent for sheep hunting is an MSR elixir 2, so the summit refuge will save me just over 3 pounds in my pack. I also like the option of using a wood stove should I ever want to.

I've been trying to decide between this and the seek outside LBO double base. Looking forward to some reviews.

Took mine sheep hunting a couple weeks ago, It worked great I found it easy to set up, I used trekking poles for set up, The first night we had hight winds and heavy rain, about 2 am the rain stopped and the temp dropped below freezing. I had a little condensation on the inside but remained dry. I used only the footprint and ply. Might get a titanium stove to use in it next year

Any updates to this? Not many reviews out there.

I assume you intend to use it for 2 people mainly?

Bugs and mice have aways concerned me in the fly only setups. Curious what actual users have found and what solutions they have.

Also curious about thoughts from the guys using trekking poles in lieu of tent poles as support?

The concept of saving a bit more weight is interesting, but being that I rarely carry my camp on my back daily(Usually move every 2-3 days on a sheep hunt) and my knees won't allow mountain hiking without poles, it poses a bit of a problem, as sticks above treeline are non existent.

Yes for two guys, they have CF poles and a nest for this tent. Will be a fly in hunt with a Kifaru tipi for base camp. There are 3 of us and we have a Hille Anjan as well. We may split up camps and maybe have someone go after a caribou or goat, etc.

Will also have a titanium stove.

The combination gives us flexibility and lightweight options.

Not many reviews out there and just looking for some firsthand feedback.

Had to Google the Anjan to refresh my memory. Haha.
    I've owned a Hille Nallo 2 GT for a number of years, basically just a 4 season extended version of the Anjan. Looks like you have a lot of bases covered already.