Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kifaru to Stone Glacier

Re: Kifaru to Stone Glacier

I've got a Tatonka and SG 6900. In all accounts the SG is marginally better except a few. SG has better organization, aesthetics and I really enjoy the rifle sling for two handed climbing or when using hiking poles. I'm still on the fence about its durability; guess I gotta take more tumbles. Also, impressed with the SG how it can easily fill the roles of daypack or week long trekker.

I was fortunate enough to haul out my first animal with it last week. As a daypack (10-15 lbs) or loaded with 100 it's probably as comfortable as it gets. Still only marginally better than the Tatonka tho IMO.

But I do have complaints. Price (obviously) and size. Unless I'm doing something wrong I have roughly the same amount of free space in the Tatonka as I do in the SG once adding the sheep gear. That's silly as the SG is advertised at 6900 CI w/lid and the tatonkas 70L is 4271 CI. Again, maybe I'm screwing up somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Kopper View Post
    I've got a Tatonka and SG 6900. In all accounts the SG is marginally better except a few. SG has better organization, aesthetics and I really enjoy the rifle sling for two handed climbing or when using hiking poles. I'm still on the fence about its durability; guess I gotta take more tumbles. Also, impressed with the SG how it can easily fill the roles of daypack or week long trekker.

I was fortunate enough to haul out my first animal with it last week. As a daypack (10-15 lbs) or loaded with 100 it's probably as comfortable as it gets. Still only marginally better than the Tatonka tho IMO.

But I do have complaints. Price (obviously) and size. Unless I'm doing something wrong I have roughly the same amount of free space in the Tatonka as I do in the SG once adding the sheep gear. That's silly as the SG is advertised at 6900 CI w/lid and the tatonkas 70L is 4271 CI. Again, maybe I'm screwing up somewhere....
    Best if you could post a pic of the loaded stone glacier so we can see what it looks like.

For a 5 day hunt mine fit everything I needed and was still in "bivy" mode. Properly expanded, you're looking at a LOOOOOT of capacity. And mine is only the 6200. So 700ci less than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Best if you could post a pic of the loaded stone glacier so we can see what it looks like.

For a 5 day hunt mine fit everything I needed and was still in "bivy" mode. Properly expanded, you're looking at a LOOOOOT of capacity. And mine is only the 6200. So 700ci less than yours.
    imma send you a pm