Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru to Stone Glacier

Re: Kifaru to Stone Glacier

+1 for EXO. One trip this fall was with some gear, two elk font quarters, both backstraps and tenderloins as well as all the neck meat. No issues over 4 km of blowdown and alders.

Quote Originally Posted by nazarow View Post
    +1 for EXO. One trip this fall was with some gear, two elk font quarters, both backstraps and tenderloins as well as all the neck meat. No issues over 4 km of blowdown and alders.
    fun times
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Your not the first with that issue, I'd call them and get a custom belt made. Provably can't go wrong with a SG either as long as the belt goes small enough for you.

I've got the XCurve with a Solo 3300, amazing pack with even better customer service.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I called Kifaru when I originally got the frame and pack a couple of times. They made it better but still not exactly what I wanted for what I payed. I figure if I’m dropping this much money I should have it fit just the way I want. So I’m thinking I’ll try SG. Lots of people love Kifaru but I just can’t nail down the fit.

thanks for your sizes Twosevwn0 and seth, I’m 5’10 178 with a 30.5” waist. On SG it says a Small is 30 and under. Medium is 31-36. Left an email like two seven said, just not sure what belt would be right.

The more ore I look at SG the more I want one. Looks to be more stream lined like everyone says. Thanks for all the replies!

I will probably make the jump to SG from MR this year. looking forward to more info in this thread.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

ive had them both, but am now back to kifaru Both are great companies to deal with as far as customer service, had more dealings with SG though, kurt made me some custom stuff, belt and lumbar pad and supplied them free of charge which was great. I do like the SG bag layout a bit better than the kifaru bags. I have the argali bag, and have added some extra straps which makes it compact really good when using it as a day pack. I am also using a SG lid on my kifaru, as well the SG water blatter bag, and swing out bags which are awesome. So really im using a kifaruglaicer . As far as weight, the kifaru i have is like approx 1 pound heavier than the SG i had. But most importantly it comes down to fit, and for me the fit of the duplex fits better. Something about that SG belt rubbed my hips raw. Even the newer excurve with the supposedly softer belt.

Last edited by SR80; 11-27-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Right on SR80! Awesome photo bro.
    Placed an order with Pete at SG. He’s making me a ‘smedium belt’ for the sky 5900 and xcurve. Excited to give it a try this winter. I’ll post up the results after a bit of training.

What gun carrier is that SR80? Is that a gun-bearer?

No experience with the SG but I've phoned in and had extra small waistbelts made by kifaru and mystery ranch. The kifaru one is hugely overpriced when you factor in shipping and currency, but it solved my problem