Thread: Cherryville Rec Site - access?

Cherryville Rec Site - access?

Hey Fellas - heading out to a new area this weekend for Whitetail. Any advice on the Cherryville Rec site? Wall tent, 4x4 pick up. Looking for low stress. If it's a gamble getting in and out because of weather/snow, we'll figure something else out (motel).

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cherryville Rec Site - access?

Where is that? The one on the river? No snow down low anymore....should be a good weekend for whites out there.

Only the weekend? Messing with a camp will cut into your hunt time, motel might be best
    Gold Panner or Monashees Woodland Retreat maybe
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchhead View Post
    Where is that? The one on the river? No snow down low anymore....should be a good weekend for whites out there.
    We're thinking the one on the Sugar Lake Rd. Good to hear the snow is gone down low. Thanks for the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Only the weekend? Messing with a camp will cut into your hunt time, motel might be best
    Gold Panner or Monashees Woodland Retreat maybe
    It's all part of the fun! Hunting with long time partners that I haven't really seen much of year and my daughter - much better to spend time together in the wall tent / stove than a motel. I'd sacrifice an hour or two of set up. What I don't want to do is nose into somewhere and find out it's snowed in. Sounds like it's all good.

Weather for the area is above freezing for the weekend. We're leaving here Friday - bivy Friday night in personal tents. Hunt Sat AM - come back to camp lunch time, set up and then head out for the PM hunt. Hunt Sunday. Hunt Monday until dark and head home Monday night or Tuesday AM depending on how we feel.

www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca

Should tell you if it is open or not.

XPEIER

Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    It's all part of the fun! Hunting with long time partners that I haven't really seen much of year and my daughter - much better to spend time together in the wall tent / stove than a motel. I'd sacrifice an hour or two of set up. What I don't want to do is nose into somewhere and find out it's snowed in. Sounds like it's all good.

Weather for the area is above freezing for the weekend. We're leaving here Friday - bivy Friday night in personal tents. Hunt Sat AM - come back to camp lunch time, set up and then head out for the PM hunt. Hunt Sunday. Hunt Monday until dark and head home Monday night or Tuesday AM depending on how we feel.
    You'll be fine, sounds like a good time and the wt will be out moving around too, bet you get one.