Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boundary Bay Clean Up...

Re: Boundary Bay Clean Up...

Waders wouldn't hurt, but not really necessary. Just a good pair of gum boots ought to be fine. We'll be hitting the marsh as the tide is going out too, so that should make things easier for those without.

Also, the city of Delta got back to me today - they'll provide us with garbage bags and pickers. They are also going to pick up all the trash for us the following business day, so that is great!

Bump. Just want to make sure everyone sees this. Please RSVP if you are able to come and help.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, looks like we may have to cancel. Haven't heard back from the majority of those who offered to help. If I can't get a group together this time around, I'll co-ordinate and setup a time to coincide with the Delta/Ladner Rod and Gun club clean up after the Spring Goose season.

I'll make the final call by the end of the day.

Boundary Bay Clean Up cancelled due to lack of support.

We will try again after the Spring Goose season. As I previously mentioned, I'll co-ordinate and setup a time to coincide with the Delta/Ladner Rod and Gun club clean up at Wellington Point after the Spring Goose season.

Thanks again to those who responded and offered help. Hopefully we can get some boots on the ground next time around.

Hi folks,

May is just around the corner and I'd like to start bolstering support for a May clean up for Boundary Bay. I have garbage pickers, bags and free garbage pickup from the city of Delta already arranged so all we need are some committed volunteers and we are good to go. I will be co-coordinating this to coincide with the Wellington Point Delta Rod and Gun Club cleanup.

Please send me a PM or respond to this thread if interested.

Thanks!

Ben

Bump. Anyone? Looking for volunteers. Thanks!

sorry I was off line for awhile from this forum. My hunting buddy and I took part in the Great Canadian Shoreline clean up and we lead three ladies around Brunswick point picking at least a truck load of trash. We picked up a car fender, a wheel, there was a door panel, so someone lost an entire car there somehow. And we got tons of other trash that we had to put up on the dyke for a truck to come pick up. I also identified this fishing container that got stuck there over winter. I emailed a dozen agencies and I still don't know if it was dealt with.

Good for you for helping out. It's crazy what ends up on shore. Wish I knew about that clean up would have participated. There needs to be a sticky on here with dates or something. Or a link to wherever that information is posted. I wasn't able to get anyone together this time around and have been so busy with the new Lab pup is been a little hectic here.