Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boundary Bay Clean Up...

Re: Boundary Bay Clean Up...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperYeti View Post
    Or 20 minutes before. Called RAPP on one last week.
    Right on, if i could gather proof I’d be doing the same.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

I'm in for the 20th.... 21 I have to work.. I have a truck u can fill and dump for free

I'm leaning toward the Saturday too... we'll get more organized as we get closer to it.

I'm down. Please hit me up with details. Will likely bring wife and kid too

Sounds good. We'll keep everyone posted as things get closer. Planing for the 20th. Seems to work best for most folks so far. I'll start to PM everyone who expressed interest in the next few weeks to firm up who can and can't come. The stretch of marsh we'd be looking at would be kid friendly. Generally relatively safe to have the kids out in that stretch of marsh under close supervision.

Which section of the dyke?

The area I had in mind is at the end of 112th and Ladner Trunk road. Parking is an issue but I'll try and get that resolved before hand.

Okay folks, have a timeline set for the clean up.

When: Saturday, January 20th @ 12:00pm-3pm.
    Where: End of 112 street and Ladner Trunk Road. (Nearest address via google maps is: 4769 112 Street, Delta, BC)
    Parking: There is limited parking adjacent to Seabreeze Farms, you may also park along Hornby Street. I will shuttle everyone back and forth if need be to avoid the "long walk" to the dyke. I'm going to try and see about permission to park at the end of the road, but can't guarantee access at this point.

Low tide is around 2ish, so I figure we can start around 12:00pm and go to about 3:00pm or so depending on conditions. Can't predict the weather, but hopefully conditions will be fair that day. Bring gloves, I'll supply the garbage bags. If anyone has a light wheelbarrow or game cart for hauling the garbage bags back to the main road that would be great!

I appreciate everyone willing to help with this! Nice to be able to give back a little. I've PM'd everyone in this thread with the same details in this post in case it gets missed. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Last edited by deltawaterfowler; 01-10-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Forgot to mention in my PM, please do RSVP if you can or can't make it. I've left my phone number with you all in the PM that I sent.

Thanks!

Would waders be required?