Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boundary Bay Clean Up...

Boundary Bay Clean Up...

I was out hunting Boundary Bay last weekend with some friends during the windstorm. With winds clocking at over 50KM/Hr it was a tough day of shooting... but we still managed to get a few ducks.

One thing that we noted was the sheer amount of shells and general garbage lying around the marsh. It was really discouraging to see our "backyard" in such a state. There was evidence of one group that had not only left behind all their empty ammo boxes and empty shells, but also left behind crushed beer cans and a small dead duck as well. While I can't prove who did this, it sure as shit paints a clear picture of type the hunter or hunters who were using this area previously.

That being said, I think organizing an end of season marsh clean up might generate some goodwill. Anyone else game?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boundary Bay Clean Up...

I go there at another time of year to harvest some wild vegetable and get at least a bag of shells and boxes for the garbage too.

post the date and time as i live on the island but i would gladly donate the day just to help out

I'm in tell me the time and date

The duck season for us ends on January 19th which is a Friday. I don't have a date in mind, but perhaps Saturday the 20th or Sunday the 21st?

I've been noticing the same thing down at the bottom of 72nd. I always take my shells, and any other ones I see on my way out. If we can get enough people together, we should talk to the city of Delta, and see if they will open the gates to get a truck in to haul out the stuff, or if they will donate some city worker time to pickup garbage bags if we get them to the dyke. I'd definitely be in either way.

Keep the thread going. I can't bring a truck to haul stuff away, but I have my waders and the energy to pick up garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperYeti View Post
    I've been noticing the same thing down at the bottom of 72nd. I always take my shells, and any other ones I see on my way out. If we can get enough people together, we should talk to the city of Delta, and see if they will open the gates to get a truck in to haul out the stuff, or if they will donate some city worker time to pickup garbage bags if we get them to the dyke. I'd definitely be in either way.
    Contacting the city would be an excellent idea. Couldn't hurt to maybe contact the local Delta newspaper too. A photo and article of the pickup would be really good and maybe help change peoples perspective on the GOOD work that hunters do to help conserve and protect our environment.

I packed out a 5 gallon pail full of trash from the area two weeks ago.

The thing that really needs to be cleaned up in the area are the ingrates that shoot 10 minutes past legal light.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    I packed out a 5 gallon pail full of trash from the area two weeks ago.

The thing that really needs to be cleaned up in the area are the ingrates that shoot 10 minutes past legal light.
    Or 20 minutes before. Called RAPP on one last week.