Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridger lost his fight with Cancer

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Re: Bridger lost his fight with Cancer

Condolences to all his family and friends.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

So sad. RIP
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Had no idea. Very upsetting news.
    May he Rest In Peace.
    Condolences to family and close friends.

Thank you for the update.

Steven and Susan Rupp

Well that sure caught me off guard!
    A post I'll never forget from 2015
    We had something in common. I bought my first rifle 30/30 Win. in 1965 from Foxie Wolf's Gun Shop at Charlie Lake.

Re: The good old days

Bridger responds-I started hunting in the peace in 1966. I too bought my first rifle from Foxies Gun Shop at Charlie Lake a 7mm mag. Hunting seasons were unreal. Moose season opened August 1 closed December 15th long seasons and few hunters were the norm. Moose hunting was unreal. I remember seeing a hi boy truck and trailer with nine Bulls laid out in a row. Guys would routinely shoot Bulls on the high side of the road for easier retrieval.

Sheep hunting then about the same as now, but way fewer resident hunters. Sheep hunting spiked in the late 80's early nineties after the governments predator management program in the 80's. Can remember several times seeing bunches of 20/25 rams mostly legal. On one trip into the Besa country we saw 47 legal rams in four days.

Elk were here not as wide spread in the peace as they are now, but numbers in the Tuchodi and Gatho were phenomenal. This is hard to believe but one day at the head of dead dog we saw 64 bulls in one day. Back then you rarely saw a grizzly bear or a wolf track. Not that way now and those great elk herds are gone.

My sincerest condolences to his family & friends.
    RIP
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

RIP always enjoyed what he brought to the forum
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

RIP, another loss of significant note in our hunting community, condolences to the family may your many great memories of past times bring some comfort during this sad time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Rich was a classic.

He chose no favorites but was always true to his word!

Likely, he is the main reason we are still hunting Stone's on GOS ... and so we should be! Let's keep fighting that good fight for him!!

Happy Hunting Rich ... Rest In Peace!!!

The hunting world has lost a true ambassador with Rich’s passing.
    RIP

Bridger, gave me some information on a place to hunt stonesheep. I took my family in on Back pack trip 17kms in.

We saw lots of game just no legal rams, although I am sure they are there.

Thanks for your generousity. Rest in peace, and may you hunt the high wild mountains for an eternity.

MTW

Firstly, my condolences to the family, and I hope things will be easier in time.
    I had been wondering why some of the regulars were not on this site as often anymore, Bridger was one of
    the one's I was thinking about.
    I actually thought that at one point I might get a response from him on my Spences Bridge Ram thread, and
    had thought at one point he would respond, with some wisdom, as I recall sheep hunting was a big passion of his.
    Sorry to hear of the news....best wishes again to the family.