Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empire Valley Reports

Empire Valley Reports

Just wondering if anyone has any recent updates? I haven't been there for awhile and was wondering on how good of a chance there is in finding a 4 point the last week of the season, like the 25-30th. I know it opens today but I won't be able to go until the weekend. Thanks for any intel.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Empire Valley Reports

Last couple times I have gone there I've seen more hunters than deer. Saw a killer 2 point though, each point over 12 inches.

That would be an awesome buck to take if you could find him during any buck season. I've always wanted to shoot a huge two point like the one you describe. Congrats on a good find like that.

Quote Originally Posted by last light View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any recent updates? I haven't been there for awhile and was wondering on how good of a chance there is in finding a 4 point the last week of the season, like the 25-30th. I know it opens today but I won't be able to go until the weekend. Thanks for any intel.
    There are lots of bucks up empire. Just be prepared for a good hike. Pack board is a must and be prepared for some longer shots.
    Hunting the promised land

Make sure you got a good set of tire chains. Starts getting pretty greasy up there near the end of October. A good buddy was up there staying at a ranch, seen over 60 deer in a 3 day period. Passed on many, ended up laying down a huge 4x3.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Thanks all for your responses. Not sure I'll be able to make it this year now due to conflicting holidays at work, but I definitely want to do it soon. Hopefully next year.

Thanks again,

last light

Was up this past weekend and a bit. Lots of hunters, we didn’t connect but talked to some that did.
    Saw some smaller bucks but no 4’s (does too). Conditions varied on where you were... clear ground to crunchy snow.

If you were up there and lost the rain cover for your pack, I found it and will gladly stick it in the mail for you... if it’s yours you’ll want it back.

And... if you were up there and found a magazine for an x-bolt with 7mm-08 shells in it, I would gladly send you the funds to ship it my way... you can keep the ammo.
    Ridgedale Rod And Gun Club

Went up for the first time in maybe 8 years. Seemed to be similar to what it was then for numbers, but not like it was 10 plus years ago. I was talking about deer numbers.... waaaay more hunters. Guys were getting them, and I managed to knock down a respectable buck a couple days ago. It felt great to get back in there.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Hay whonnock boy u run into a few Yahoo!'s with a silver ford 150???
    majorguns

I might have. Do they like fire?

Quote Originally Posted by stixnstones View Post
    Hay whonnock boy u run into a few Yahoo!'s with a silver ford 150???
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.