Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would hunters support?

Re: Would hunters support?

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    I would. I would also like B.C. hunters to unite and fund a province-wide public education campaign to educate the population on the facts around hunting and conservation
    I like the OP idea of the stamp and ^^^this idea as well. I like to see some positive stuff like this happen.

I applaud the sentiments but the problem is that's what all hunting licence fees were for to begin with. And they slowly swept it all under the carpet called general revenue. The last government were going to reverse this to the original idea, the NDPs said good things about doing the same this is where we need to focus first IMO not giving them an easy out with some new initiative. After they restore all fees from hunting towards wildlife management, then I'm in for an extra stamp or whatever to support mule deer no problem, but not before.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I agree all money from Licences and tags should be allocated to wildlife enhancement in their respective Provinces but the OPs idea is a sound one and I would gladly pay extra to support it.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

All $ from licensing should go to wildlife management. And I would support tags and licenses that were twice the price they have been. $30 mule deer license isn't the end of the world
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    All $ from licensing should go to wildlife management. And I would support tags and licenses that were twice the price they have been. $30 mule deer license isn't the end of the world
    I would happily pay more if I knew my $$$ were going back into wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    I'm just curious would you as a hunter support mule deer stamp . The idea being the same as the chinook stamp on a fishing licence with 100% of proceeds going to fund wintering habitat ect. With help from biologist on a project like that I think it would benifit animals and hunters alike. No greasy government crooks putting there hand in the jar just hunters funding the rite people to help the deer thrive. I know I would fork out ten bucks or so a year gladly just curious what others think.
    Umm.. we already do that... when you buy your Tag... All the licence fees are supposed to go back to wildlife initiatives... (or so I was lead to believe)

The "Mule deer Stamp" would end up being no different, just another load of cash into general revenue...

Having said that, I would be more then happy that if each year there was defined initiative, with clear stats...

I.E. every year X number of hunters purchase mule deer tags, generating X number of $'s. IN 2019 tag price will be $40, and therefore X # OF $'S will have this project done to protect or enhance habitat.
    Last edited by howa1500; 11-20-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howa1500 View Post
    Umm.. we already do that... when you buy your Tag... All the licence fees are supposed to go back to wildlife initiatives... (or so I was lead to believe)

The "Mule deer Stamp" would end up being no different, just another load of cash into general revenue...

Having said that, I would be more then happy that if each year there was defined initiative, with clear stats...

I.E. every year X number of hunters purchase mule deer tags, generating X number of $'s. IN 2019 tag price will be $40, and therefore X # OF $'S will have this project done to protect or enhance habitat.
    ah not it would not be general revinue it would be its own foundation nothing to do with government. Salmon tag is the pacific salmon foundation it's own entity.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

I guess my thoughts are counting on government to do the rite thing is like buying lotto tickets to plan for retirement. You get the picture
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

We already have the habitat surcharge on our licences and tags.That seemed like a good idea at the time, But now it mainly supports government biologist program. When you look at what this group is spending most of our money on it is animal collars and counting. The Thomson steelhead has thousands spent by them on studies and we know where that is getting us. Some is going to habitat but without doing the math I would guess it's less than 10%

Dougans thinking is encouraging.
    I am puzzled though as to why resident hunters are funding habitat, we aren't the ones who destroyed it to begin with.
    Once again forest companies should be on the hook for it and the province should enact legislation to correct the very poor stewardship left behind by these very wealthy corporations.