Thread: Do deer really like pumpkins?

Do deer really like pumpkins?

I stumbled onto a tree stand in Region 8 last week exploring an area I had never been to and nearby was a pile of grain, some sliced carrots, numerous former jack-o-lantern pumpkins and an open box of molasses.

The grain was still very dry and fresh, so it had not been there long but it appeared that the whitetails in the area hadn't shown any interest in the bait yet.

The blind has been there for a while judging by the weathering of the wood, so it must be there for a reason. Some trees overlooking the bait site had been pruned back offering a shooting lane and one sapling had been rubbed by a buck.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Do deer really like pumpkins?

Hell yeah they do...the townies will smash them up with their hooves and eat them off your porch in Cranbrook.
    KCCO

Moose enjoy as well
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Yes they love pumpkins seen them eating them on a farmers pumpkin patch in town.

Yup

They are always in my yard eating pumpkins. It's all the wife can do to keep.them away until Halloween

Couple of days after Halloween a 160"ish mule deer was harassing a doe that was eating my kids pumpkin on my front door step.