Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: guided whitetail

guided whitetail

Thinking of going on a guided whitetail hunt,,either Alta or BC,,,any recommendations?,,Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: guided whitetail

Saskatchewan or Alberta if you're gonna pay for it do it right and go to a good outfit and shoot a cranker

Not a hunt that requires a guide, huge populations. Peace in BC, Alta , Sask
    Easy draw in Sask and many land owners are not fans of the Whitetail, knock on doors
    I paid outfitter in Wyoming ,$1400 to find me a Pronghorn, litterally seen hundred on drive from South Dakota to Sheraton Wyoming. I could see the buggers from hotel room. My parter and I basically paid $1400 each to be told where we could shoot, although it was barren territory, done by noon, easiest hunt I have ever done.
    Family in Sask, again hundreds of deer, not an overly difficult hunt unless holding out for Booner
    Last edited by Blainer; 11-19-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Mikes Outfitting
    Mike Ukrainetz
    Great guy, great outfit.

Alberta or Saskatchewan for WT If paying for a guide. For Alberta Edmonton north would be the way to go

BC has some OK WT especially the peace but not good enough to pay for a GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Easy draw in Sask and many land owners are not fans of the Whitetail, knock on doors
    I paid outfitter in Wyoming ,$1400 to find me a Pronghorn, litterally seen hundred on drive from South Dakota to Sheraton Wyoming. I could see the buggers from hotel room. My parter and I basically paid $1400 each to be told where we could shoot, although it was barren territory, done by noon, easiest hunt I have ever done.
    Family in Sask, again hundreds of deer, not an overly difficult hunt unless holding out for Booner
    HAHA please offer up some secrets on an easy draw in Saskatchewan, I've applied every year since it went to a draw and I've been drawn 0 times. If you have a family member in Saskatchewan maybe but not if your in my shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksondog View Post
    HAHA please offer up some secrets on an easy draw in Saskatchewan, I've applied every year since it went to a draw and I've been drawn 0 times. If you have a family member in Saskatchewan maybe but not if your in my shoes.
    first year was a given, everybody received draw. Like here, you need to look at odds, much better than our sought after draws.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Non Guided in Peace BC, others may show some real Crankers, NON GUIDED

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Congrats on the pronghorn. That would be cool a cool hunt to go on i think.

How was the process for hunting in the USA? How does one go about taking their guns across and all that?

Thanks!

Peace

Great country, although deer on decline, lots of opportunity, Elk, Moose, Deer, Bears, Goat, Sheep.