Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cargo trailer or toy hauler for hunting.?

Re: cargo trailer or toy hauler for hunting.?

Holiday trailers usually have wood frames unless are Arctic Fox. Cargo trailers are steel framed. If you buy a new insulated enclosed with windows around 16-18 ft with additional height(might want a sxs). Add awning and you will be around 10g's. Eco boost should pull that no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer001 View Post
    Holiday trailers usually have wood frames unless are Arctic Fox. Cargo trailers are steel framed. If you buy a new insulated enclosed with windows around 16-18 ft with additional height(might want a sxs). Add awning and you will be around 10g's. Eco boost should pull that no problem.

Good to know
    Found a toy hauler 22ft with what I want in it an lighter 5400pds which I think is good 3000pds for cargo fora 1/2tone max haul Eco boost

Not wood frames, but wood framing, certainly the stick and tin. The pricier holiday trailers are now a bonded laminate. Fiberglass, Styrofoam and welded aluminum studs. When done right ,they are lighter ,stronger, and warmer. The whole side is becomes structural . Pretty slick. It's important if you are taking them off highway to invest a high quality unit, like one of Nash's brands, Northwood or Outdoor RV. They go by various model names,, Desert Fox, Nash, Creekside, Artic Fox etc. I wouldn't trust the construction of the cheaper brands. This technology is new and the RV industry is notorious for cheaping out. The stick and tin are built like your house with a steel frame under it. Some of your enclosed use this building method, too. The stick and tins are much easier to repair , cheaper and chiller.

I have a work and play. Awesome trailer built super tough as far as holiday trailers go. With tough comes heavy especially with all of the holiday trailer amenities. For hunting I have been running a converted 14ft cargo trailer. Heated and insulated. Easy to pull and you have no problem beating it into the Bush. Steel frame and steel studs with dual axles. Been about 10 yrs with that one and learned a lot. Just ordered an upgrade to a full width deck over axle lifted insulated custom 22ft. My advise would be to buy a tough holiday trailer and a 1 ton and stay close to nice roads or custom order exactly what you want for a cargo trailer. Build it tough with extra studs and roof braces windows vents insulation larger wheels and tires more lights in and out and an awening. Adding these from the factory is cheaper than getting it added after or doing it yourself. Add a wood stove, webasto type heater or dickenson boat heater and your good to go.

Outside of that If I was buying a holiday trailer to hunt with I would go outdoors rv.

I run a four season camper and pull a 12 x 6 cargo trailer for hunting, fishing, and camping Works great. Here is a cargo trailer conversion site you might find interesting. Extra helpful people on the site. Good luck with your decision.

.http://www.tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f...d75a099e7edb75

Thank you for the information comes in handy I like cargo trailers for durability. what I like about toy hauler trailers is for the convenience of everything but I feel they are bit weak in supension an load capability . Can you beef this area up to increase load with out wrecking the frame?

Thanks everyone

Here is your enclosed with wheels.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trail...per/1314525323

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer001 View Post
    they get suck easy and are slow getting there a good 1 ton 4x4 and camper is way ahead of that thing .. how would i know had one

i am tired of all this stuff as too much upkeep $$ went on a deer hunt tent . landcruiser and fire easy buck and doe in the bag and very few drive by idiots as in there deep

We have a 27' toy hauler. We can it the Yamaha Rhino SXS inside. We tow it with a 1 ton dually. Last year I put a flat deck on the truck, so we have the option of day trips by putting the SXS on the truck. Also for longer trips with the SXS on the truck it makes for more living space.
    When we purchased the trailer I had them flip the axles for more height and added special shock absorbers. It has freshwater tank, black and grey water tanks as well as a fuel tank with an electric fuel pump for the SXS. It has the potential to sleep eight people.