Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cargo trailer or toy hauler for hunting.?

cargo trailer or toy hauler for hunting.?

Hi cheers everyone. Looking at either getting a cargo trailer and getting it camperised or toy houler. which would be more durable on logging roads up north or even around here seeking opinions and ideas your knowledge on either one would be great.and which would you go for What I'm looking at is 20 or 22 ft for hauling two quads, gear, game as well as comfortable Etc. Cheers everyone

2. Site Sponsor

Re: cargo trailer or toy hauler for hunting.?

Had both, toyhauler because of the amenities.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Do you run a gas or diesel?

If diesel I'd say toyhauler
    If gas I'd say enclosed.

It basically all comes down to the toilet. Either you haul the extra weight of a toyhauler for the water & tanks, or you stay simple in an enclosed and camp and use a thunderBox.

If there is a woman involved get a diesel and a toyhauler.

I have this model with an 8" lift and double fold down bunks in the back of it. It's a 24 long and weighs 8500 lbs dry. I can put a stock suzuki samurai in The back of it. I believe it's the best hunting / camping trailer combo For
    my money!
    http://www.utraderv.com/UT1361AD_200...ampmaster.html

Have gone thru this thought process a few times and here is my opinion. If you intend to use for family camping, get a toyhauler with amenities(makes momma way happier). After Sept heat will become a issue so gen will be required for trailer heater or electric. I have a 4 season camper and a enclosed with heat and fold up bunks. Campers good till end of Sept-mid Oct. Enclosed with heat till Dec. Put a rutted up buck in camper and wife put a end to that so the enclosed. But I sure like Allan's setup.

You can put a washroom easily enough in an enclosed and also put a wood heater in there too, you can do whatever really, a toyhauler is okay as well, and will be more comfortable
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I'd get a Work&Play and throw a small woodstove in it.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

One thing to be aware of is some of the Work & Play models are not insulated.

that is a real nice unit looks a little low for the areas I go into I be concerned of the overall length

I have a gas engine EcoBoost I don't need the bathroom part but work and play converted and camperised professionally I'm thinking. But the toy haulers you get the bathroom seems to be a little lighter then a cargo trailer and you can get some reasonable my question would be are they warm enough in the late-season hunting and are the body's durable for the logging roads